No announcement yet.

For Members who lamp bunnies etc.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I don't particularly like the taste of fluffy bunny but I have no problems with other people killing and eating them HOWEVER I do have an issue with the proliferation of the 9mm and the ill educated morons that glorify it in rhyme ...

The 9mm round has come to the fore purely due to it's increased use by the military and the US Forces in particular. Before the Yanks adopted the Beretta 92F as the standard issue sidearm they used the Colt 1911A1 in 45acp (The Colt is arguably John Moses Browning's finest creation)

The reasons for adopting the 9mm round are:

1. Greater magazine capacity
    2. Increasing use of body armour
    3. Commonality with the rest of NATO

The increased magazine capacity could be interpreted as giving greater fire power resulting in more dead enemy unfortunately this is more than a little flawed.

1. In general sidearms are only issued to officers
    2. Officers tend to have much less range time than other ranks
    3. By the time the enemy are in effective pistol range of an officer you're into hand to hand fighting
    4. There are many documented cases of multiple 9mm hits failing to stop people
    5. The 9mm is a high pressure round and far harder to shoot accurately than the 45
    6. The high magazine capacity encourages 'spray and pray' rather than single aimed shots
    7. The 45acp round has a much higher one shot kill rate than the 9mm and even non lethal wounds incapacitate

In summary our disaffected youth are using entirely the wrong weapon for their task - if they're obsessed with tupperware then the Glock is available chambered for 45acp as well as 10mm, 41AE and 40 S&W any one of which is far superior to the ubiquitous 9.

Here endeth todays lesson !

PS
    I was bored

Life is too important to take seriously !

Comment

Originally posted by Predictable Bob View Post

I don't particularly like the taste of fluffy bunny but I have no problems with other people killing and eating them HOWEVER I do have an issue with the proliferation of the 9mm and the ill educated morons that glorify it in rhyme ...

The 9mm round has come to the fore purely due to it's increased use by the military and the US Forces in particular. Before the Yanks adopted the Beretta 92F as the standard issue sidearm they used the Colt 1911A1 in 45acp (The Colt is arguably John Moses Browning's finest creation)

The reasons for adopting the 9mm round are:

1. Greater magazine capacity
      2. Increasing use of body armour
      3. Commonality with the rest of NATO

The increased magazine capacity could be interpreted as giving greater fire power resulting in more dead enemy unfortunately this is more than a little flawed.

1. In general sidearms are only issued to officers
      2. Officers tend to have much less range time than other ranks
      3. By the time the enemy are in effective pistol range of an officer you're into hand to hand fighting
      4. There are many documented cases of multiple 9mm hits failing to stop people
      5. The 9mm is a high pressure round and far harder to shoot accurately than the 45
      6. The high magazine capacity encourages 'spray and pray' rather than single aimed shots
      7. The 45acp round has a much higher one shot kill rate than the 9mm and even non lethal wounds incapacitate

In summary our disaffected youth are using entirely the wrong weapon for their task - if they're obsessed with tupperware then the Glock is available chambered for 45acp as well as 10mm, 41AE and 40 S&W any one of which is far superior to the ubiquitous 9.

Here endeth todays lesson !

PS
      I was bored

I am like so going to pop a cap in your ass yah.

Comment

Originally posted by Predictable Bob View Post
        :I was bored

Now we all are
        Сви можемо

Comment

Precisely - that's what happens when you waste your time reading other peoples shite !

Comment

It's amazing how a thread about a lamp can turn into this.
            If its not broke don't fix it.

Comment

I think glock9 is used by rappers and the like is more due to the rhyming opportunities rather than the muzzle velocity or range of munition available.

The turn of events is interesting.

It is almost as if a emotive subject was mentioned.

I wonder what will be the next blue touch paper subject.

Yes I have hunted furry creatures with "firearms".
              Yes I have also skinned and ate them.

However the closest I get to any firearm now is via the Xbox
              Last edited by shokenore; 23 February 2012, 20:34.
              Eat.Sleep.Surf.Repeat.

Comment

Originally posted by DaveHMS View Post

Whilst on the subject of shooting, does anyone on the forum use a .243 Howa?
                If so, any comments on the gun would be appreciated.
                Can't say about the Howa as I've not used one but Howa are well known for their accuracy, a Tikka .243 on the other hand, I can vouch for, very good all round rifle, why .243 just out of curiosity?
                Neal

Comment

Originally posted by shokenore View Post

Anyone gone out mugging old ladies...it's a great fun sport, and the handbags are usually crammed with cash!
                  Non intercooled nothing.

Comment

Bob u da man!

Respek

4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

Baarrrrappp
                      Eat.Sleep.Surf.Repeat.

Comment

Originally posted by si tate View Post
                        It's amazing how a thread about a lamp can turn into this.

'seasy - if a thread hasn't been resolved within 20 posts it's fair game (Especially in General !)

Aren't .243's useful for murdering Bambi's without totally destroying the meat ?

Comment

Bambi or Veal

nom nom nom
                          Eat.Sleep.Surf.Repeat.

Comment

Originally posted by shokenore View Post
                            The turn of events is interesting.

It is almost as if a emotive subject was mentioned.

This thread is not remotely emotive and its far from a blue touch paper subject. If it was it would be in the moderators section by now. ( A few good ones have ended up there) This looks like a few blokes having a bit of fun ( without killing anything) to me
                            When things get really emotive theres usually an offer of a fight with an audience of sheep or cows. or a threat of a visit from a friend who has just been released from a cage.
                            Last edited by Bogus; 23 February 2012, 21:58. Reason: speeling misteak
                            Сви можемо

Comment

Originally posted by Bogus View Post
                              This thread is not remotely emotive and its far from a blue touch paper subject. If it was it would be in the moderators section by now. ( A few good ones have ended up there) This looks like a few blokes having a bit of fun ( without killing anything) to me
                              When things get really emotive theres usually an offer of a fight with an audience of sheep or cows. or a threat of a visit from a friend who has just been released from a cage.
                              I'd forgotten about those threads .
                              Neal

Comment

[QUOTE=Bogus;756248]This thread is not remotely emotive and its far from a blue touch paper subject. If it was it would be in the moderators section by now. ( A few good ones have ended up there) This looks like a few blokes having a bit of fun ( without killing anything) to me
                                When things get really emotive theres usually an offer of a fight with sheep or cows.

Fighting with sheep and cows ?

Whatever next
                                http://youtu.be/Np6gyUb0E7o
                                Eat.Sleep.Surf.Repeat.

Comment

Working...
                                X