For Members who lamp bunnies etc.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• For Members who lamp bunnies etc.

Just got back from lamping Bunnies with my new Lightforce Blitz 240 lamp, and all I can say is that I can recommend it. I used the red filter and it was awesome. I bought it from the Sportsman Gun Centre website.

Originally posted by Webbo View Post
    Just got back from lamping Bunnies with my new Lightforce Blitz 240 lamp, and all I can say is that I can recommend it. I used the red filter and it was awesome. I bought it from the Sportsman Gun Centre website.
    And I know of ten Bunnies who would not recommened it !

Comment

Nice one.

Haven't done any lamping in years since I got rid of the dogs. The gear has come a long way for sure. I remember having a car battery stashed in one of them canvas school bags and a lamp that was the size of a bin lid. 1 million candle power too. It was the equivalent of the first 1 megapixel camera and look at them now! I take it the battery packs and lamps are light years ahead now?
      Do you use dogs or guns or both yourself?

Comment

What range are you shooting at?

I had a lightforce a couple of years ago but it was no good at long distance so i made my own lamp & i still use it to this day.
        If its not broke don't fix it.

Comment

The one as quoted is six milliion candle power and very impessive, with filter or not .

Comment

The one as quoted is six milliion candle power and very impessive, with filter or not .
            Jesus that is impressive, i'll take a look at those.
            I shoot from the truck so filtering isn't that much of an issue as we just drive from field to field & pick them off one at a time.

Comment

Originally posted by si tate View Post
              What range are you shooting at?

I had a lightforce a couple of years ago but it was no good at long distance so i made my own lamp & i still use it to this day.
              70 to 80 metres with .22 rimfire. 400 plus with Fox and .243 calling to get closer.

Comment

70 to 80 metres with .22 rimfire. 400 plus with Fox and .243 calling to get closer.
                Just had a look & they seem pretty good, my sights are set to 80 metres using a CZ452 so it would be more than enough for that range but you do get the odd bunny at 100+ metres.

Comment

I used to go hunting when i was a kid, it always seemed kinda hollow after all where`s the fun in hunting something that`s just standing there cannot fight back and hasn`t really got much of an intellect to challenge you. That`s when i got onto hunting people. Now that's much more fun. It started with us splitting into teams and playing war like in school except with air rifles. A tad dangerous i`ll admit but adrenalin is what its all about and it certainly give you loads of that. Then it was fox hunting that became my interest or rather the disruption of it. We used to have a great day out, those guy`s in red coats fight back, one even commented to me after an extremely grueling confrontation that he preferred it when we came, Its the adrenalin buzz. Excitement is what its all about. I can see how fox hunting must be fun if you lack a conscience. charging along on a horse over any old terrain with a load of your mates, just riding a horse is great, better than a trail bike. That brings me to the mundane. Killing something that hasn`t got a chance, cant fight back, is caged in, using tele sights, badger baiting, dog fighting etc and of course lamping, paralyse it then shoot it or send the dogs after it while its stuck there, not really challenging is it, whats for the encore ? watching grass grow followed by some crochet. Yawn. go hunt something that can fight back with a catapult if you dare

Comment

Originally posted by schrodingers-cat View Post
                    I used to go hunting when i was a kid, it always seemed kinda hollow after all where`s the fun in hunting something that`s just standing there cannot fight back and hasn`t really got much of an intellect to challenge you. That`s when i got onto hunting people. Now that's much more fun. It started with us splitting into teams and playing war like in school except with air rifles. A tad dangerous i`ll admit but adrenalin is what its all about and it certainly give you loads of that. Then it was fox hunting that became my interest or rather the disruption of it. We used to have a great day out, those guy`s in red coats fight back, one even commented to me after an extremely grueling confrontation that he preferred it when we came, Its the adrenalin buzz. Excitement is what its all about. I can see how fox hunting must be fun if you lack a conscience. charging along on a horse over any old terrain with a load of your mates, just riding a horse is great, better than a trail bike. That brings me to the mundane. Killing something that hasn`t got a chance, cant fight back, is caged in, using tele sights, badger baiting, dog fighting etc and of course lamping, paralyse it then shoot it or send the dogs after it while its stuck there, not really challenging is it, whats for the encore ? watching grass grow followed by some crochet. Yawn. go hunt something that can fight back with a catapult if you dare
                    Unfortunately , some of us have to shoot rabbits, not just for fun ( I do though) however the damage caused on our airstrip by these burrowing creatures is phenomenal, we've tried people with raptors, spraying the field with fox scent etc to no avail. We have found that the only true way of control has been to shoot on an organised basis.
                    Death rides a Black Horse

Comment

A strange hobby in my opinion, but all explained here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oZsY2i0Cz_k

Comment

I find myself agreeing with the above

Back in the day Baby

Comment

Haven't done any lamping for ages but when we did we always used a Lightforce lamp, they are good (so is gen2 night vision ), most of my shooting is now done on military ranges.
                          Neal

Comment

Comment

My son has a pair of lightforce lamps on his landy plus a hand held, they are very powerfull and bl00dy expensive, you can also fire a shotgun at em point black and they dont break (if your that way inclined)
                              personally i dont see the attraction in killing things, and please dont tell me it's for food, different matter if your a farmer and ya need to keep them down, its the "do it for fun" people who end up maiming animals that i dont approve of,
                              Too young to die and too old to give a toss

Comment

Working...
                              X