CO2 emissions Surf 3L TD Auto

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CO2 emissions Surf 3L TD Auto

Hi all, I'm new here so please be patient in case I ask what already exsists, (I looked).

I have a 3rd Gen Surf 3L TD Auto(the best car I ever bought). I'm importing it into Malta and have to have official certification of it's CO2 emissions, the engine is a kzn 185, it was first registered 1997, and is a winter start model.

Can anyone help establish this please?,...I on the other hand am now an expert in doing the paperwork for getting a car into Malta, (not as difficult as it sounds at first) so anyone needing assistance here please give me a call
    regards
    Lennart

In the UK when importing a vehicle that is non-standard to the UK market, and which is less than 10 years old, you have to put it through a 'single vehicle approval test' (SVA) and as part of that test - conducted by the Vehicle and Operator Services Agency (VOSA) in the UK - 'model documents' for that vehicle have to be hired from the manufacturer to obtain various pieces of technical info. One of the pieces of info that is recorded from the model documents is the CO2 reading and for the 3rd generation Hilux Surf with the KZN185 engine the reading is 284 gm/km.

To get an 'official' reading that will satisy the Maltese authorities you may have to contact the official Toyota offices there and enquire about hiring the model documents from them - but I believe it is very expensive. Then again, maybe the process will be entirely different in Malta.

Comment

Thanks for the help Tavvi,I now have something concrete, much appreciated

Comment

Hi Lennart
        sent you a pm
        thanks

Comment

Working...
        X