yobit eobot.com

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Been snowing all day and my STUPID 4wd's packed up again!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Been snowing all day and my STUPID 4wd's packed up again!!!!

I'm so frustrated, my 4wd has been actin the tw4t lately, sometimes working and sometimes not - now its not and it's ###### 3" deep outside and still piling down. As you all know, because there's no weight in the back off our trucks they are crap in rear wheel.
    I've cleaned out the transfer box (which was the prob last time) dried it all up and tweaked the little contacts to make sure they touch the plate properly but nothing.
    I notice that when I press the button, the battery meter on dash drops a bit for a few seconds then returns to original position.

Anyone got any 'quikfix' ideas?

Be slightly embarrassing if my truck gets stuck anywhere being lifted with 33's on!!
    www.vidamusic.co.uk

Wow, 51 views and not one offering of help!!
    Wicked, cheers
    www.vidamusic.co.uk

Comment

Maybe no one has a 'quick-fix', what would you prefer, a load of unhelpful bullshite gusses?

Stroppy git, any inclination anyone had to help has probably evaporated now.

4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

Originally posted by VidaMusic View Post
        Wow, 51 views and not one offering of help!!
        Wicked, cheers

Watch the attitude or you'll get no help at all!

Comment

Originally posted by TonyN View Post
          Maybe no one has a 'quick-fix', what would you prefer, a load of unhelpful bullshite gusses?

Stroppy git, any inclination anyone had to help has probably evaporated now.

Ouch!
          Yes it's a V8, don't you know I'm loco?

Comment

Originally posted by BUSHWHACKER View Post
            Watch the attitude or you'll get no help at all!
            Double ouch! Lol
            Yes it's a V8, don't you know I'm loco?

Comment

I had the same problem yesterday with 4wd not working. I found 2 split vaccuum pipes under the engine bay , replaced them both and it works fine now . Mine were the vacuum pipes on the right hand side of the engine just forward of the egr valve . Worth a look mate.
              Animal
              PayPal for stickers : scuffsnscrapes@hotmail.com

Comment

Cheers Animal, will check it now.

Was only a hit of sarcasm boys calm down!

Stroppy git haha ;-)
                www.vidamusic.co.uk

Comment

Consider how you'd have felt if you had 50 shite posts that you had to plough through to find the answer ...

Life is too important to take seriously !

Comment

Sorted thank god.

It was my original thought. The transfer case breather had split so had been gettin sh1t in it, after I cleaned it out the other day I'd not cleaned the contacts well enough. My mate helped me today checking continuity on all connections so knew it had to be inside transfer case. He sandpapered the contacts and pulled them out a bit more to make sure they had a good connection to the plate, sprayed but more WD in, closed her up and back with the little green light of happiness!!
                    (for anyone who may have the same prob, hope this helps) ;-)
                    www.vidamusic.co.uk

Comment

I do indeed have the same problem, but not a clue where to look! A tad useless in that dept I'm afraid. I'll just have to wait out the weather....
                      It's only kinky the first time...

Comment

I have exactly the same problem to, but the other way round-4wd works fine but no snow to play in

Comment

Originally posted by Twisted Instigator View Post
                          I do indeed have the same problem, but not a clue where to look! A tad useless in that dept I'm afraid. I'll just have to wait out the weather....
                          If you like mate, i can post up pics of what i did if it'll help? I know how frustrating it is when it doesn't work, and more so if you are not completely sure of whats going on or how to find the 'flugelbinder in the whatjamiflip next to the skugelcord'.

So happy now it's fixed and i know how to sort it if it should ever cock up again..
                          www.vidamusic.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by VidaMusic View Post
                            If you like mate, i can post up pics of what i did if it'll help? I know how frustrating it is when it doesn't work, and more so if you are not completely sure of whats going on or how to find the 'flugelbinder in the whatjamiflip next to the skugelcord'.

So happy now it's fixed and i know how to sort it if it should ever cock up again..
                            Aww cheers. That'd be good. Not sure how much I'd trust myself to do it & not c0ck it all up mind! I also use it daily, otherwise an hours walk to work, TonyN will tell ya! Only got my drive to work on too so no shelter as such. Gods I'm becoming a right wuss in my old age!!
                            It's only kinky the first time...

Comment

Working...
                            X