Sky plus box

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sky plus box

Does anyone know where the option is to tell the Sky+ box to use pulse dialling method when it dials out using your phone line?

The DTMF method is screwing up my other phone device's caller ID. Basically, outbound DTMF is being picked up as inbound caller ID. So subsequent calls do not pick up caller ID. Pulse dialling would fix this.

So in answer to Sancho, no, I am not THAT retro
    Oh Nana, what's my name?

So now several people at Sky have had a lesson in Tone and Pulse dialing. I hope they understood my British accent. One person said "hang on a minute while I check" and then I heard some lovely music followed by a polite woman asking me how she could help me today.

I know it's a long shot, but even if you buy a new fax machine you can set that to use pulse dial rather than tone dial, so I find it a little odd if the Sky box cannot do the same.
    Oh Nana, what's my name?

Comment

Does it have a sundial too? I'd get sky if it had a sundial.
      i swear, it was like that when i got here...

Comment

If you would like to purchase my Sky box I can fit a sundial for you. The cost will be a one-off payment of £129.99 a month, plus a recurring monthly sundial license fee. It's a unique fee because you'll become part of the exclusive owners club upon receipt.
        Oh Nana, what's my name?

Comment

try here

http://www.digitalsat.co.uk/skyinstallersmenu.html
          Gone from 4x4 to 1x2

Comment

I think you are the only person in the world to have this problem

Have you got an adsl filter on the phone socket the sky box is connected to?

Comment

Originally posted by Maverick View Post
              Maverick, you're a diamond. Thats two things you've helped me with this morning! Thanks! I'll do this either tonight or tomorrow. For the moment I just disconnected the box from the line.
              Oh Nana, what's my name?

Comment

Originally posted by JD_975 View Post
                I think you are the only person in the world to have this problem

Have you got an adsl filter on the phone socket the sky box is connected to?
                I think I am too! It's not to do with the ADSL filter but yes I do have it connected to the line and no other devices on the telco side of the filter.

The specific issue is that I have an IP PBX on my analogue POTS line. This system manages all of my calls. British Telecom send caller ID before they send the ring pulse (unlike other countries). For this specific reason, the system constantly monitors the phone line for incoming caller ID. The method in which caller ID is sent is plain DTMF tones. At the end of the caller ID there is an end of message signal (don't know what this is). When another analogue device sitting parallel to the system (the Sky box) dials out, its DTMF dialing didgits are picked up by the PBX as inbound caller ID. Because there is never an "end of message" signal, and the system does not have any kind of time out function, the system sits there indefinitely waiting for the end of message signal. The only time the end of message is then received is when a real inbound call happens, which includes caller ID. The system then performs a checksum on the caller ID which of course fails and it discards the entire collected didgits (but the call proceeds anyway). Even if it were to display the caller ID, the ID would be the number the Sky box dialed plus the proper inbound caller ID.

The fault is actually with the IP PBX as it has no timeout mechanism from what I can tell. I raised this issue with the vendor but as I am the only person to have a business setup in a home, and have reported this issue (there are many people in the US that have this setup however their telco's are different!) the vendor will not fix. It took a while to successfully diagnose the issue in the first place. I think they got bored, to be honest.

If you're still reading at this point then I really don't know why
                Oh Nana, what's my name?

Comment

I know i've seen the pulse dilling option on the sky+ box so it must be in the menus somewhere mate...

alan
                  www.amcbs.webeden.co.uk www.xjrestorations.co.uk

Comment

We had a similar issue with our Sky + box and Sky decided that it would be better if the phone line was not connected.

Comment

Working...
                    X