First time that has happened.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• First time that has happened.

Having my nice morning cup of coffee when the doorbell rings (dogs go crazy). There was a man at the door wanting to buy my surf for cash as he fancied something to do some off roading in. I said no but if he was really interested he go onto the "For Sale" section here and buy a 2nd Gen instead. He didn't want to stand around talking as it was lashing down with rain. He also didn't seem to understand what "no" meant as he asked twice more if I wanted to sell "for cash". I told him noway and that he must be joking.
    Is door knocking a traditional way of buying vehicles? Sara says it's a Romford thing?

The 'Romford thing' you speak of is when he nicks it next week.

Sent from the iPad you "lost"

Comment

What's the betting he'd have never filled in the V5 as it would be parked in a jewellers window the night he bought it?
      Surf if you got a wave. Wave if you got a Surf.™

Comment

Checking to see if anyone was in before nicking it. Dogs should see him off though!

Comment

It happened to my dad years ago, it was a nissan king cab. Bloke knocked on door, asked to buy, dad over priced it, bloke said yes, came back an hour later with a big bag of twenties. It's not your responsibility to make sure the buyer is legit. Cash is cash. But do be aware he could have been 'casing the joint' or using himself as a distraction... Make sure your back doors locked dude.
          "B.A." Baracus: "Talk to me, talk sense so I can talk back. Not all this jibberjabber like breaking the peace and all that."
          www.johnthebuilder.info

Comment

That's all so reassuring. I'm sure going to sleep sound tonight with all those thoughts

Comment

Originally posted by Sclerotic Hen View Post
              That's all so reassuring. I'm sure going to sleep sound tonight with all those thoughts
              Take the steering wheel off.

Comment

Move to Basildon.
                Non intercooled nothing.

Comment

Originally posted by BUSHWHACKER View Post
                  Take the steering wheel off.

Comment

I had an interesting encounter once when I had a Sierra XR4x4, gentleman pulled up in an absolutely knackered old landcruiser, asked if I wanted to sell it for "cash", didnt look amused when I said I was holding out for magic beans and went on to further explain he would pay full market value, didnt want the log book and further to that I could ring the police the next day and report the car stolen and claim from my insurance, apparently he did not care!

Needless to say I did not take him up on his offer, I took the car to my parents house and borrowed my dad`s car for a couple of weeks such was my concern it would just wander off on its own.

That little story has probably not done anything to rest your mind just be aware, large 4wd vehicles have uses other than green laning to certain members of society.

Comment

Originally posted by JD_975 View Post
                      large 4wd vehicles have uses other than green laning to certain members of society.
                      It's a 3rd gen remember, the bloke probably bought some dodgy GHD's and wants to exact his revenge on Toni n Guy...
                      "B.A." Baracus: "Talk to me, talk sense so I can talk back. Not all this jibberjabber like breaking the peace and all that."
                      www.johnthebuilder.info

Comment

Working...
                      X