She's back!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• She's back!

At last i have her back and she's better than ever! (well she should be with a completely new refurb'd engine). Have to say JEM were very good, but having read the warranty on the new engine it looks like there are so many exclusions that if anything goes wrong its not going to be covered. Got the engine from a company called JAS (Japanese Automotive Supplies) based in Stowmarket - they were recommended to me by JEM and the engine seems great - but the warranty is only for 3 months and like i say the exclusions and stipulation that the engine has to be serviced @ 500 miles means they obviously dont have much faith in their abilities (have a round trip to Penzance to do on Friday so theres no way i can do the 500 mile service thing). Will post some "before" (taken by Rick) and "After" pics when i get back from holiday - Watch out France here i come!

Originally posted by MrHankey
    At last i have her back and she's better than ever! (well she should be with a completely new refurb'd engine). Have to say JEM were very good, but having read the warranty on the new engine it looks like there are so many exclusions that if anything goes wrong its not going to be covered. Got the engine from a company called JAS (Japanese Automotive Supplies) based in Stowmarket - they were recommended to me by JEM and the engine seems great - but the warranty is only for 3 months and like i say the exclusions and stipulation that the engine has to be serviced @ 500 miles means they obviously dont have much faith in their abilities (have a round trip to Penzance to do on Friday so theres no way i can do the 500 mile service thing). Will post some "before" (taken by Rick) and "After" pics when i get back from holiday - Watch out France here i come!
    France ???

With a 500 mile warranty limit make that the French Embassy instead!

Trev
    Look out Eastbourne, the Pandas are coming !

Comment

Im not that brave! - we are going to France in the in-laws brand new citroen people carrier thingy, deep deep joy, 7 hours locked in a people carrier with the in-laws and the "Essential classics collection" on the stereo!

Comment

Im not that brave! - we are going to France in the in-laws brand new citroen people carrier thingy, deep deep joy, 7 hours locked in a people carrier with the in-laws and the "Essential classics collection" on the stereo!
        Obviously NOT travelling for pleasure !!!!!

If that Citreon is anything like my dad's Renault Scenic - god help you, when that was new the fumes were SICKLY - nothing like the new car smells from years gone by.

Trev
        Look out Eastbourne, the Pandas are coming !

Comment

Bill
          any engine rebuild should have an oil and filter change after 500 miles just to make sure the oilways etc are flushed of any 'running in' debris . Sounds serious but not .
          Reminds me I have the Herald to do soon as that has had an engine build and I only done 20 miles so far !

Rick
          Rick...Member of 1st Gen club. ONE LIFE ... GET ONE !!

Comment

Originally posted by Vagrant No2
            Bill
            any engine rebuild should have an oil and filter change after 500 miles just to make sure the oilways etc are flushed of any 'running in' debris . Sounds serious but not .
            Reminds me I have the Herald to do soon as that has had an engine build and I only done 20 miles so far !

Rick
            Especially older style engines. I think everyone has forgotton about Running In an engine since most new cars don't require running in. When I worked in a garage many years ago, when we rebuilt an engine we would use running in oil for the first 1000 miles and then service the engine. Running in oil helped the engine bed in but was not for long term use.

Any new engine (certainly new engines of older design) will generate a lot of swarf when they are new, this fills up the oilways, kills the filter after 500 - 1000 miles and if you don't have the oil drained and filters changed at somewhere between 500 and 1000 miles, you will quickly ruin a potentially good engine.

So do an oil service as soon as you get back and the engine will thank you for it.

Cheers

Comment

Hi Bill. I live in Felixstowe not far from Stowmarket,and if you want I will put 500 miles on your motor then take it back to JAS for the sevice.Also I v'e not heard anything bad about them so your engin should be ok.

sumo (your after sales care provider)
              If the puddles to deep..LEARN TO SCUBA.

Comment

Working...
              X