Advice on this

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Advice on this

Am looking to purchase a surf sometime soon and found this on the net.

http://www.gumtree.com/p/cars-vans-m...ry-item-full-2

Quite near me too.

Thoughts anyone?
    Last edited by liam9114; 16 January 2012, 17:46.

I would say it's a grand overpriced.
    A 3.0 in good nick could be had for less than that.
    Sent from the iPad you "lost"

Comment

ive seen some for cheaper. but i would be wanting to do a lift and also big tyres anyway and considering this already has this done i thought it looked pretty good

Comment

Hi, nice of you to introduce yourself before asking a question...

Anyway, that truck looks familiar, it's either from here or SMC. As slobby said, that's 3.0 on an M plate with a new head money.

I, personally, wouldn't pay more than a grand for the one in your link (it has a saggy arse and possibly a badly fitted body lift). But that's just my opinion, if you like it and think it's a good truck; go for it.

Just my opinion...
        Do you know that, with a 50 character limit, it's

Comment

Hi, a 2.4 is slow enough as standard without running 35"! I'm no expert but I always thought to run these you would also need a body lift and other mods to cope with them.

Comment

Pretty sure I've seem that one around town. If that's the case, I would look elsewhere. It's had some sort of lift, but IMHO, not enough. I also wouldn't pay the £1000 premium on it. You can, as Albannach says, get am M plate 3.0 litre for that money, and if you look hard enough, with a decent lift as well.
            Non intercooled nothing.

Comment

Originally posted by liam9114 View Post
              Am looking to purchase a surf sometime soon and found this on the net.

http://www.gumtree.com/p/cars-vans-m...ry-item-full-2

Quite near me too.

Thoughts anyone?
              I would say avoid like the plague. Over priced and not enough lift for 35s. I have a 2.4 on 33s and it needed lifting more than the one in that ad.

Also, the 2.4 is pretty slow at the best of times. On 33s it's even more sluggish but livable-with as long as it has the right gearing. On 35s it would probably struggle to get up the ramp to Tesco's car park unless it had been re-geared (which given the lack of enough lift in the first place I severely doubt).

Comment

For that sort of money I'd sell you mine minus the front bumper.

If you fancy the travel down to Brum I reckon we could do a deal

P.S I am being serious, although the truck is not quite as shiny at present.
                Last edited by Growler; 17 January 2012, 00:16.

Comment

Working...
                X