Fender Bender

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fender Bender

So on the way to work this morning some nice young lady felt the need to drive into the back of me at a junction .

My bumper is slightly loose but needless to say that her little Citroen is pretty smashed up.
    I had someone drive into me just a few months ago (though them totalling my old car DID lead me to my surf ) and it's just hassle I can do without.

Probably asleep at the wheel??
    How can you NOT see a big 4x4 like a Surf?

I have a towbar fitted now which runs full length of the rear bumper. Extra protection hopefully!
    Ian
    One day my paranoia will go away!

Comment

Originally posted by icsys
      Probably asleep at the wheel??
      How can you NOT see a big 4x4 like a Surf?

I have a towbar fitted now which runs full length of the rear bumper. Extra protection hopefully!
      I think she was looking to side side to see if it was clear and just assumed that I had already gone out.
      Stupid.

Comment

Roll on the day when the latest invention is fitted as standard to all vehicles... it's a sort of distance sensor that detects and warns how close you are to the vehicle (or wall) in front. Apparently the prototype actually stops the car before you hit the object.
        Ian

Comment

I have a towbar fitted now which runs full length of the rear bumper. Extra protection hopefully
          Not so as my wife found out, the impact on the towbar is transmitted straight to the chassis on which its bolted and almost certainly deforms it.
          My wife Gina was stationary in a queue of traffic when a girl ploughed into the back of her at 40mph+, she didn't even brake, told the police she thought the van was moving, Gina's van was pushed forward so hard that it also wrote off the vehicle infront, we were lucky the dogs were not in the back and Gina was fortunate enough to get away with whiplash and minor cuts and bruises, unfortunately the young girl will be left with several fascial scars, and the vehicle that caused all this damage,,,,,,,,,,,,,,a Vauxhall Corsa

O.K. why doesn't my quote show
          Last edited by rockey; 6 October 2003, 11:04.
          [size=4][font=franklin gothic medium][color=lime]Every Day Above Ground is a Good Day[/color][/font][/size]
          [img]http://www.vertueren.gb.com/welshflag.gif[/img] [color=red]Gods Country[/color]

Comment

Originally posted by rockey
            O.K. why doesn't my quote show
            At that speed it's no wonder the chassis is deformed. Hope Gina is OK now!
            I was meaning shunts and bumps rather than full-on smashes.

I use this: (quote="name" ) (/quote)
            Replacing () with []
            Last edited by icsys; 6 October 2003, 11:14.
            Ian

Comment

did'nt you that the surf was a babe magnet.
              (\__/)
              (='.'=) SQUIRREL MUNCHER GRRRRRRR
              (")_(")

Comment

Originally posted by marky
                did'nt you that the surf was a babe magnet.
                I'm guessing that there's a 'know' missing from that.
                Actually she was quite good looking but driving into me is an interesting chat up technique

Comment

I'm guessing that there's a 'know' missing from that.
                  that was the beer talking
                  (\__/)
                  (='.'=) SQUIRREL MUNCHER GRRRRRRR
                  (")_(")

Comment

Originally posted by Dolph
                    I think she was looking to side side to see if it was clear and just assumed that I had already gone out.
                    Stupid.
                    She was probably putting her lippy on.