Why?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why?

Should my tax be used to pay for some narcissistic bint to have her, privately purchased, plastic tits replaced?
    Do you know that, with a 50 character limit, it's

recycling ??
    Only Toyota can get you out of shite

Comment

Unless there's a medical reason for it, I can't see the point in plastic tits. Horrible looking things. Bleugghhh...

Comment

I think the argument goes that because they were approved for medical use by the government (or at least a government agency) that ultimately the buck stops there.

Personally I would probably tend to (I assume) agree with you that the blame lies elsewhere (original company producing the implants, the person deciding to have un-necessary medical treatment, the hospitals deciding to use potentially unsafe implants, etc) to some extent too.

Have they purely been used for non-NHS operations?

And why the assumption by the media that it is purely women that have had these implants? Have any men (ie transgender folks) had them?

Comment

The NHS statement seems to suggest they have been used somewhere within their bounds. There won't be many cases of them being implanted for pure vanity in the NHS though.

If the NHS has done some, then they need to fix it. If they were done, for vanity reasons, outwith the NHS; hell mend the person who had it done, they have no recourse to the NHS.

Comment

That's because you don't have tits of your own.

What about someone who doesn't drink or smoke saying that their tax shouldn't be used to treat over indulgent drinkers?

Sent from the iPad you "lost"

Comment

Originally posted by Albannach View Post
              If the NHS has done some, then they need to fix it. If they were done, for vanity reasons, outwith the NHS; hell mend the person who had it done, they have no recourse to the NHS.
              I agree, but I'd guess your tax money is being spent fixing the Govnt liabilty rather than NHS's

Having said that, where they not made with substandard parts by the manufacturures? So they wouldn't be what the government approved anyway, so surely the buck stops with the Owner of the company who made them?
              4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

Originally posted by slobodan View Post
                That's because you don't have tits of your own.
                I do

What about someone who doesn't drink or smoke saying that their tax shouldn't be used to treat over indulgent drinkers?
                I kind of agree with that too. But the ammount of tax both of those indulgencies create probably goes some way to covering the NHS bill?

What about pie munchers who refuse to help themselves but demand the NHS do something to fix their weight problem.

Comment

As most were done privately (I guess) then the surgeon who took the money should carry out the recall jobs FOC.
                  What have I told you about thinking Erroll

Comment

What about pie munchers who refuse to help themselves but demand the NHS do something to fix their weight problem.
                    I agree with you on that one.

I think everyone should pay a tenner a visit to their doctor as well, that'll free up some time and make some money.
                    Everyone has access to the internet. Make them self diagnose ffs.

Comment

Quack! Quack!

Comment

I agree with you on that one.

I think everyone should pay a tenner a visit to their doctor as well, that'll free up some time and make some money.
                        Everyone has access to the internet. Make them self diagnose ffs.
                        Self diagnosis.... now theres a thing. I work in private medicine and its a real problem when people self diagnose. The company that produced the implants has gone bust(lol). If the person has a medical reason for them to be removed then they should be, they will not be replaced, if they want them swapped out for new ones then they should pay the £5000.00
                        SWIFT AND BOLD

Comment

Why should they? they were supplied with defective parts, unsuitable for the job...the onus is on the person who fitted those items. Then their battle is with the person who suppied them with those defective parts....I see no difference between implants and anything else supplied on a retail basis.
                          This is the big problem with private healthcare, something goes wrong after surgery and the state system has to put it right and pick up the tab, even if the client involved is rendered disabled through poor diagnisis/workmanship, the State then has to support them, the medical team that caused the problem may pay damages after several years of court proceedings, but the state isn't reimbursed.

Comment

Originally posted by charvell View Post
                            Self diagnosis.... now theres a thing. I work in private medicine and its a real problem when people self diagnose.
                            I'm not talking about DIY heart surgery, I'm talking about things like This.
                            If you are constipated, go to the chemist. etc. etc.

Comment

Should my tax be used to pay for some narcissistic bint to have her, privately purchased, plastic tits replaced?
                              No to the above, but

I would assume the Nhs ones are for women having reconstructive surgery after breast cancer - so yes

Comment

Working...
                              X