Any Kia or Hyundai owners

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Any Kia or Hyundai owners

Thinking of trading in the Mini for a small Korean car as they seem to be cheap to buy and run, much better built than they used to be and have stupid great warranties on them. Looks like I can get a nearly new one as a straight swap for my Mini, which runs out of warranty in a few months. Any thoughts?

A nice gold coloured i20.
    You get to save money AND look stupid at the same time.

Sent from the iPad you "lost"

Comment

Never owned either myself, but from the experiences of friends Kias tend to fall apart and rust whereas Hyundais seem fairly reliable.

Both will lose value quicker than Greek govt bonds though, so don't expect any trade in when it comes to changing it.

If it was me, I'd consider the Hyundai.

Comment

I cannot reccomend a Kia, under any circumstances. Fckuing hateful piles of poorly assembled, prehistoric automotive engineering.
        Non intercooled nothing.

Comment

well i have a kia
          its pants
          but
          its never let me down
          its passed its test every year with out anywork needing doing for the last 8 years
          gwh200 finds them crap has he works on his own cars
          and his nappy gets in the way when driving them
          he's hurt and bitter about kia cars
          but they are not made to hit road humps at 70 while you have dolly the sheep on your lap
          am not die lex sick its you that cant read mate

Comment

I was fitting a kitchen a few weeks back & the guy had a hyundai 4x4 type thing "I forget the name" but it's his second one & he can't fault it.

His last one had done nearly 200.000miles from him buying it new & all it cost him was general wear & tear parts.

I had a look around it & TBH it felt solid & came with all the toys & gizmo's.

This is the one he had.
            http://www.hyundai-car.co.uk/newCars/santaFe/
            If its not broke don't fix it.

Comment

SWMBO has a Kia Sorento. 2.5 CRDI XE. Can't think of anything bad to say about it really.

Does exactly what it's supposed to, fits in 3 kids, 2 dogs, a mountain of associated crap you need for kids and dogs, me and SWMBO and will still pull a trailer full of stuff. Returns30+mpg and better on a motorway and its comfortable as well.
              If you're not the lead dog, the view never changes.

Comment

Originally posted by gwh200 View Post
                I cannot reccomend a Kia, under any circumstances. Fckuing hateful piles of poorly assembled, prehistoric automotive engineering.

Recent bad experience, Gra?
                " Time wounds all heels ".

Comment

Fcuker bit me...

Non intercooled nothing.

Comment

The newer Kia sportage things seem to be getting good writeups

edit - the bulk of these vehicles seem to be 2WD with only a small percentage being specced out to proper 4WD once you do that the impressive mpg figures take a dive
                    Last edited by Vultch; 30 December 2011, 20:40.

Back in the day Baby

Comment

Working...
                    X