Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Awesome 1UZ-FE twin turbo MK1 Capri.

http://www.lextreme.com/forums/showthread.php?t=13376

Been following this guys build on Lextreme, basically it's got a stock 4.0 Lexus V8 block and heads with a few trick bits and pieces added, and it's still running on the original factory style leaf spring set up, a true street/strip car.
    He drives it to the drag strip, changes the tyres for slicks, changes the sparkplugs and removes the exhaust.
    Launches it down the strip a number of times giving it full welly, then re-fits the road tyres and exhaust and drives it home!
    Check out the video, especially @1:07.

http://www.youtube.com/fpv097ghia#p/u/6/M0S8EfmLTZk
    Last edited by BUSHWHACKER; 19 December 2011, 00:09.

I like. 1.07 killed his time though
    Do you know that, with a 50 character limit, it's

Comment

lovely bit of kit, sounds amazing on the strip

time to get an ac/dc tig and start practising the alloy welding vince

Comment

Stunning in every respect. Old School Cool, never sounded so good.
        Brian

Comment

Originally posted by BUSHWHACKER View Post
          http://www.lextreme.com/forums/showthread.php?t=13376

Basically it's got a stock 4.0 Lexus V8 block and heads with a few trick bits and pieces added...
          Yeah, stock... without reading up on this build, I assume the "few trick bits and bobs" are giving him about 800 extra horse power, or it weighs about the same as a gnats fart?

I've raced a 1000 rwhp Monaro and it didn't put anywhere like the power down of this monster! Left me for dead though, but not the same league...(and I had 400 ish BHP)

So what's he got "trick wise?"
          ETA
          Forgive me, just started reading the lextreme thread...
          Wow!
          Last edited by Wolfracer; 19 December 2011, 00:43.
          "B.A." Baracus: "Talk to me, talk sense so I can talk back. Not all this jibberjabber like breaking the peace and all that."
          www.johnthebuilder.info

Comment

just read the rest - over 200 passes on a factory block and crank - says a lot for the 1UZFE, they will last forever in a lexurf

Comment

They're billet steel are they not?

Comment

I f**king love this engine!

Comment

Not billet, it's a cast aluminium block with 2mm thick cast iron sleeves, forged and sintered rods and crank, 6 bolt mains caps and hypereutectic pistons.
                  Bore and stroke are oversquare which is probably why these engines can easily rev to over 9000 rpm on stock internals for short periods.

It's based on a F1 type engine design apparently according to the vice president of TRD USA.

The 2UZ-FE (4.7l) found in the Landcruiser has a cast iron block with alu heads.
                  Last edited by BUSHWHACKER; 19 December 2011, 01:38.

Comment

I thought I read somewhere that the earlier engines had a billet crank and rods. I must have got confudled.

Comment

Originally posted by Albannach View Post
                      I thought I read somewhere that the earlier engines had a billet crank and rods. I must have got confudled.
                      The earlier engines (1989-1994ish) have the strongest rods, they are like girders, almost twice as thick as the later '98 on versions.

Comment

The earlier engines (1989-1994ish) have the strongest rods, they are like girders, almost twice as thick as the later '98 on versions.
                        So an early lowish mileage complete motor is the way to go for the strongest engine then?
                        Is the Mk3 pickup a lot differant to the surf conversions or is it all much the same? I know i've got differant front axle and leaf springs etc...any other hurdles or is it easier because of that?

Watching that Capri wheelie was awesome....Jeeeeeeeeeez.

Comment

Nice...... would have to find room for the surf batteries in the back somewhere to make room for those turbo's......

But i still can't get me head round starts like that on an autobox ?
                          Do they just click into drive and hold with the left foot then gas it up and release and hope the power gets to the rear wheels before the torque converter implodes ?
                          Remember arrows are silent.....................
                          Don't forget to tell everyone its indestructable as seen on top gear.......

Comment

They use a high stall torque converter.

Comment

They use a high stall torque converter.
                              Ah the joy of Google.... i as been edumacated....cheers
                              Remember arrows are silent.....................
                              Don't forget to tell everyone its indestructable as seen on top gear.......

Comment

Working...
                              X