Even simple jobs...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Even simple jobs...

Took my transfer lever out to get it cut and extended to stop the racket it was making while hitting the edge of the body. Took it to a welder because I can't weld, who cut it and forgot which way to put it back together. Still he tried his best and a week later I got it back, albeit welded the wrong way round.

So... took it to another welder and a week later got it back the right way round.

Fitted it back in and b*ggered it up by managing to trap the spring at an angle, which took a nice big gouge out of both the seat and the transfer lever base.

Took it all out again and refitted it, which took twice as long because the spring now didn't want to stay in - still got it all back together and it all worked fine.

...until I got the gear shifter back on and found that the two levers now interfere with eachother.

Given up. It's only slightly more annoying than before I started and if I don't get my tyres moved soon, my girlfriend might actually murder me. I can still get into low-range, and it now also doubles as a puzzle.

surely cutting or using a BFH to bend the offending letal would have need easier...?
    But good on ya for doing it "properly"
    "B.A." Baracus: "Talk to me, talk sense so I can talk back. Not all this jibberjabber like breaking the peace and all that."
    www.johnthebuilder.info

Comment

What would

Do?
      Sent from the iPad you "lost"

Comment

Originally posted by slobodan View Post
        What would

Do?
        Dunno. Who is it?!

Comment

Originally posted by slobodan View Post
          What would

Do?
          Waka waka'd it with a hammer.

Comment

Originally posted by Wolfracer View Post
            surely cutting or using a BFH to bend the offending letal would have need easier...?
            But good on ya for doing it "properly"
            I did try filing the body hole back but it wasn't enough, wish I'd just bent the lever now though. Seriously cba to get it all back out again.

Comment

i did the same with mine when it was at vinces - it was 20 degrees off straight for months - ill blame it on vinces welder and not my marking on the shaft

tack first - check - then weld - oooops

Comment

I feel your pain!!!

I had 4 days to do a simple a "replace all ball joints and poly bush" and managed to fail! Working under the truck I have noticved that one of the rear shocks has managed to eat itself too...

How much Body lift are you running?

I think all RG post code 3rd gens a with lift are doomed!
                More Lift.
                More Tyres.
                More Engine.

Comment

Won't do anything on mine it's RG registered too

Comment

Originally posted by Karma Supra View Post
                    I feel your pain!!!

I had 4 days to do a simple a "replace all ball joints and poly bush" and managed to fail! Working under the truck I have noticved that one of the rear shocks has managed to eat itself too...

How much Body lift are you running?

I think all RG post code 3rd gens a with lift are doomed!
                    Still haven't got that sorted then? I'm only running 2" body lift, think I just got unlucky with the transfer lever. Got my tyres mounted today though, bit of rubbing, but it looks the dog's proverbial

Comment

Originally posted by leighh View Post
                      Got my tyres mounted today though, bit of rubbing
                      fnar fnar

Comment

Originally posted by Rustinho View Post
                        fnar fnar
                        Ha! I could have phrased that better...

Comment

They will look smaller in a week or two.

Start planning the upgrade now.

Sent from the iPad you "lost"

Comment

It's all sorted now.. the lower arm front bushes need cutting out once I have ordered new cam adjusters, but that can wait until next year now.

Third gens look awesome on 33s Where is yours rubbing, front bumper?
                            More Lift.
                            More Tyres.
                            More Engine.

Comment

Originally posted by Karma Supra View Post
                              It's all sorted now.. the lower arm front bushes need cutting out once I have ordered new cam adjusters, but that can wait until next year now.

Third gens look awesome on 33s Where is yours rubbing, front bumper?
                              That they do. Yeah, front bumper and also the edge of the fender arch. It's not a lot though, hopefully a bit of trimming should sort it out no problem.

Comment

Working...
                              X