MOT question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MOT question

I recently removed the rotten rear quarter bumpers with the view to fitting new ones. However i like the look of my truck without them. If i leave them off will it pass or fail the mot?

mot

think you will find with a bit more research that bumpers are not required however, must be fitted if required, unless al fittings, brackets are removed and you cannot injure a person when you run them over, are surfs are governed by a twenty year old law ish but you can use expanding foam and cut as long as long as no sharp edges to cut someone you run over for mot. WARNING DO NOT TRY RUNNING SOMEONE OVER IT MAKES A MESS WITH SMOOTH BUMPERS

Comment

I think as long as there are no protruding sharp edges you are fine, the only sharpish edges left on mine after removing the bumper are well underneath where the bottom edge bolts up to the body. To be honest if someone finds themselves under my truck when I`m driving, sharp edges are the least of their concerns

Comment

Mine went through an MoT without a rear bumper, when I was repairing it.
        The repair took eight months (I like to pace myself on jobs).
        Gone from 4x4 to 1x2

Comment

Thanks gents. I will find a way to tidy up the main bumper left and right ends. Expanding foam may work,fiberglass or simple wooden blocks,got to be a simple way. I really never liked the look of the quarter bumpers, far better without them. I found a bit of corrosion on the nearside with the bumper removed. Cleaned etc and fiberglassed it, looks fine now.The offside is perfect. By the way the bolts were badly rusted, most of them sheared when i tried to remove them.

Comment

Ive done away with the full bumper, Mine gets used a lot off road so it just gets in the way.

I think it looks a lot cleaner than just leaving the centre piece too

Comment

Mines doesn't have one on the rear and only the top half on the front, passes the MoT fine.

Comment

IFS articulation is great isn't it!
                "B.A." Baracus: "Talk to me, talk sense so I can talk back. Not all this jibberjabber like breaking the peace and all that."
                www.johnthebuilder.info

Comment

Never had the rear bumper or quarter panels on me old Truck for years n no problem, but did have a Plough on hey Duane

10+ Years of Surfs .... My Yota is faultless to a " T "
                  Buncefield Burner

Comment

Originally posted by Diezel Weazel View Post
                    Never had the rear bumper or quarter panels on me old Truck for years n no problem, but did have a Plough on hey Duane

That plough gave me extra diff room
                    Gone from 4x4 to 1x2

Comment

Buncefield Burner

Comment

Working...
                      X