newbie to surfs etc need advice

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• newbie to surfs etc need advice

we're thinking about getting a hilux surf as our calibra blew a head gaske ton friday and enough is enough -always had sporty cars so know little about 4x4s etc but hilux have always been recommended ...

what do i need to watch for?
    whats good prices ?
    whats a good year/verison etc ?
    whats a good mileage ?

what sort of services charges should i expect to pay ? mot etcs?
    what sort of things go ont hem ie what should i watch out for to pay for?

how much for tyres etc - what are good makes??

we're hoping to have between 4K and 6K (at very very max - rather spend around 5K) to spend so want to get best for money...

we're nto sure what to do ie go to a dealer, go to am importer or go private??

any advice or comments would be much appreciated...

we're in the derby area so if anyone can recomend anywhere ie dealer/garge etc that would eb appreciated.

thanks

Originally posted by stubby
    we're thinking about getting a hilux surf as our calibra blew a head gaske ton friday and enough is enough -always had sporty cars so know little about 4x4s etc but hilux have always been recommended ...

what do i need to watch for?
    whats good prices ?
    whats a good year/verison etc ?
    whats a good mileage ?

If you perform a search on the forum [dealerships etc.. and similar questions your asking] the topics should come up

what sort of services charges should i expect to pay ? mot etcs?
    what sort of things go ont hem ie what should i watch out for to pay for?

The 2.4 tend to have a head go on them.not all but its a common theme so if you can get a 3.0 the better.

how much for tyres etc - what are good makes??

Tyres from a normal tyre place cost between 70 to 120 quid depending upon makes [generally around 95 quid]and type of tyres [Road, AT or MT]. There are places that sell them at rock bottom prices and then you pay for the fitting at your own garage, or they supply the Tyres and Wheels as a package [eg. www.4x4accessoriesandtyres.com]. Once again search on the forum and you will find many a topic.

we're hoping to have between 4K and 6K (at very very max - rather spend around 5K) to spend so want to get best for money...

we're nto sure what to do ie go to a dealer, go to am importer or go private??

There are many ways and each have their benefit.

any advice or comments would be much appreciated...

we're in the derby area so if anyone can recomend anywhere ie dealer/garge etc that would eb appreciated.

thanks
    Gaz

Comment

Working...
    X