Now in my boot......

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Now in my boot......

Nice things arrived from the nice folk at Rough Trax. after Monday there will be no more drropy butt and nice taller version of my already magnificent machine......

Now just waiting for the (unfortunately well treaded AT2s) to wear out then its a 2" Body Lift on the cards along with some nice fat larger MTs!!

Cheers

Rick
    Last edited by Rixtar; 9 December 2011, 17:02.

Truck now looks and drives much nicer, however......

there now seems tro be a low but quite loud rumbling that starts at about 16mph, peaks around 22mph and goes at about 28 mph. exceedingly annoying when driving around town.

Sounds like driving over cobbles only slightly more low end noise.

Lower ball joints were replaces at the same time.

Any Clues

Cheers

Rick

Comment

It's probably the CV joints in the rear prop.
      Do you know that, with a 50 character limit, it's

Comment

Hmm.

The CV joints should have been greased at the service, is it possible they have upset something or is it the 2" Suspension Lift that has thrown it out.

What is the siolution if there is summat up with the joint?

Comment

It probably is the prop uj as albannach said. Even if it was greased up at the last service . Due to you lifting the suspension , the angle on the uj has now increased so any wear on it will now be more noticeable .
          I had my prop fully rebuilt a while ago as i had the same noise etc , now its nice and smooth.
          PayPal for stickers : scuffsnscrapes@hotmail.com

Comment

Thanks fopr all your help, should get a look at the rear prop this lunchtime.

I assume (as I is a mechanical noob) that this is what I will need at least 1 of
            http://www.roughtrax4x4.com/?doc=16&cid=163&vid=192

Thanks once again

Rick

Comment

Not sure it has anything to do with the prop / cvs as I would have thought it would have got progressivly worse the faster I was going. Just found out is has apparently had it's tracking and alignment done during the service and Lifting operation, now as it seems to completely smooth out above 30mph reckon they may have either got the tracking wrong (especially as it now pulls to the left a bit) or they have knocked off a balance weight.

Will have it in the garage at my work next wed, get it up on the ramps, check the UJs, and check the wheel balance. Then on Thurs the garage have agreed to get the alignment and tracking checked again, I will make sure they are using the settings for a KZN130 4Runner.

Is there any different track/ alignment settings that they should be using now it has had the 2" Suspension Lift?

Cheers

Rick

Comment

Working...
              X