Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by d8moa View Post
    hi all.

i am acquiring a 1994 surf this saturday and thought i would sign up and look about.....

all i seem to see is horror storys :-/

i no there old girls now but are they really as bad as they seem?
    Hello Damien. Welcome to the asylum. On the whole, Surfs are pretty reliable. Try to get a low milege 3.0td. When you get it, have it fully serviced by someone who knows what they are doing. Many new owners also invest in new cambelt kits, water pumps, thermostats, and a thorough coolant flush.........Good luck.....Mick.
    " Time wounds all heels ".

Comment

morning all... collected the surf yesterday ( i actually swaped it for my astra van)

on my drive home i was a bit scared! im used to driving car and vans which are a bit more positive on the road and not as vauge as the surf but after a while i got used to turning into a corner about 4 foot eairler then i needed to haha

it looks like its been well serviced and looked after buy its previous owners with a new water pump and rad last year and all the electrics seem to work as they should

i am looking forward to some snow and possibly some muddy offroad action when i get the chance

Comment

Originally posted by slobodan View Post
        The driver's seat bolster is starting to go on my Surf.

I wonder if I would have had better luck with a 17 year old Discovery.

Yes the discovery seat would last - you would be sitting in the middle of a mound of rust..but the seat would be ok

Back in the day Baby

Comment

Working...
        X