I don't think we can get any further away from the exchange
    I'm a custard donut monster

Comment

Originally posted by slobodan View Post
      You are kidding me?
      No that is about as low as it gets ,normally 49/50
      Eat.Sleep.Surf.Repeat.

Comment

Virgin's council broadband. No idea what it costs, Shirley pays for it.

Do you know that, with a 50 character limit, it's

Comment

Originally posted by Albannach View Post
          Virgin's council broadband. No idea what it costs, Shirley pays for it.

That's a fair distance from the server!
          Sent from the iPad you "lost"

Comment

I get the impression that I'm paying over the odds at £24.99 a month too....

What kind of download limits do people here have?
            More Lift.
            More Tyres.
            More Engine.

Comment

Mine`s unlimited too, its that new type of unlimited that has limits

Comment

my nokia 3210 is now quicker than my broadband....

Anyone got a BT Hub - is it as good as they make out? MY next door neighbour has one and says its pretty faultless ie no buffering on Youtube vids etc...
                "B.A." Baracus: "Talk to me, talk sense so I can talk back. Not all this jibberjabber like breaking the peace and all that."
                www.johnthebuilder.info

Comment

All you need is 8Meg down and 1Meg up. Don't bother paying the odds for any more than that, there is no point.
                  I don't rate BT, poor customer service and shoddy workmanship when things go wrong.
                  If you must have ADSL then go for a Local Loop Unbundled service from an independant provider such as O2 or BeThere. The only part of BT they must use is the copper pair into your home. They offer a superior service and lower cost.

YOU DO NOT NEED 100MEG (or any other stupidly large) BROADBAND

I have brought clients into service on 2Meg internet circuits. They have an average office size of five to ten users, each with unrestricted internet access, corporate email, Blackberry etc.

It's the same scenario with those iPads. YOU DO NOT NEED AN IPAD. Just because companies tell you what you can use it for, doesn't make them right.

Remember this - if you have 20M download speed and only 0.5M upload, then you will have issues when are downloading large chunks of data. If you saturate your upload bandwidth, then your downloads will be hindered due to Acknowledgement / request packets for download data having been dropped or queued in the outbound direction. Meaning, you could see as little as only 5M of download speed at times. It's better to a good upload too.
                  Oh Nana, what's my name?

Comment

Originally posted by Karma Supra View Post
                    I get the impression that I'm paying over the odds at £24.99 a month too....

What kind of download limits do people here have?
                    Bit much, but is that including line rental? (Dont know what service you have).
                    I pay around £7 for broadband from O2. 8m down, 1.2m up. Line rental is to Sky, think it's around the standard £12 or £13.
                    Oh Nana, what's my name?

Comment

Originally posted by gwh200 View Post
                      I'll let you know how fast, when the pigeon gets back...
                      Still waiting...
                      Non intercooled nothing.

Comment

Not the best speed.....

Comment

mine rocks no problems any time of day http://www.speedtest.net/result/1777732188.png

Comment

http://www.speedtest.net/result/1777788137.png

No problems as yet @£6.49 per month ...

10+ Years of Surfs .... n Faultless to a " T " is my Yota
                            Buncefield Burner

Comment

Originally posted by dieselboy View Post
                              All you need is 8Meg down and 1Meg up. Don't bother paying the odds for any more than that, there is no point.
                              I don't rate BT, poor customer service and shoddy workmanship when things go wrong.
                              If you must have ADSL then go for a Local Loop Unbundled service from an independant provider such as O2 or BeThere. The only part of BT they must use is the copper pair into your home. They offer a superior service and lower cost.

YOU DO NOT NEED 100MEG (or any other stupidly large) BROADBAND

I have brought clients into service on 2Meg internet circuits. They have an average office size of five to ten users, each with unrestricted internet access, corporate email, Blackberry etc.

It's the same scenario with those iPads. YOU DO NOT NEED AN IPAD. Just because companies tell you what you can use it for, doesn't make them right.

Remember this - if you have 20M download speed and only 0.5M upload, then you will have issues when are downloading large chunks of data. If you saturate your upload bandwidth, then your downloads will be hindered due to Acknowledgement / request packets for download data having been dropped or queued in the outbound direction. Meaning, you could see as little as only 5M of download speed at times. It's better to a good upload too.

Not wanting to appear "troll like" but could you explain why? preferably in English?

I would have thought that having broadband delivered to your house via a "big pipe" would be better than broadband squeezed down crappy old corroded copper ?
                              Eat.Sleep.Surf.Repeat.

Comment

You got copper? some of ours are aluminium (not that BT has any aluminium cable u/ground of course!!)
                                What have I told you about thinking Erroll

Comment

Working...
                                X