yobit eobot.com

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is your gearbox bombproof yet shiftproof too?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is your gearbox bombproof yet shiftproof too?

My R150F gave me too much grief and even when it was working right it still prooved reluctant to select 1st unless I had rolled to a complete stop.

Also 4th and 5th produced a strange whirring noise at cruising speed.

Now the R is ditched and I have a G series gearbox.

Result: smooth and slick, no sounds and it gives what you want from a shift.

Vintage: its from an '86 pickup with manual hi-lo select (no fast-button)

Originally posted by JimL
    My R150F gave me too much grief and even when it was working right it still prooved reluctant to select 1st unless I had rolled to a complete stop.

The gearbox on my 3rd gen(manual)is the same when selecting 1st,won't select until stopped(virtually).Maybe it's a Toyota thing?Maybe it's on its way to being faaarked!!!!!???????
    Powered by ????

Comment

None of the Peugeots + Citroens I've driven ever let me select 1st until stopped. Assumed they were meant to be like that.

Comment

Originally posted by JimL

I take it your finally back on the road then Jim! Nice one, now you've just gotta get those cv joints sorted.....
        Maurice
        Hilux Surf FAQ at www.hiluxsurf.eu

Comment

CVs need attention alright Maur but its not as bad as it sounded that day, there was bad banging over every bump ... turned out to be the side front bumper nuts, both missing

Comment

Originally posted by Rob
            None of the Peugeots + Citroens I've driven ever let me select 1st until stopped. Assumed they were meant to be like that.
            PhewThank god for that.