Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Oversize tyres?

Hi Folks
    Haven't posted for a long time. Had my truck for over a year now and I'm still suited with it. However I wanted to change my tyres and have been looking for a deal and have indeed, done one! However, my mk3 Surf is on 265 70 16's and I am getting some BFG AT's that are 265 75 16 which are a slightly larger radius tyre. Does anyone out there know if these wheels off a landcruiser will give me problems for being a little bigger?
    Also today I checked my heater plugs because it was cranking longer to start, they were fine but when I checked the well greased terminals on the battery one pos + was loose! All cleaned and tightened and now it whizzes round that fast it starts in an instant Just goes to show, not all problems are complicated.

I have used the BFG 265/75/16s on a standard Gen 3 without any problems. There was a tiny bit of rub at full lock on the black plastic wheelarch liner at the front but nothing more.
    One side effect was that our speedo read nearly the correct speed rather than about 7% too fast.
    Can I ask how much you are paying because I will be looking soon for some of the same?
    Cheers,
    Mark

Comment

Hi Markp2
      Thanks for taking the trouble to reply. I picked up my wheels today and the vendor had made a mistake and the tyres were correct 265 70 16 so no worries, mind you they still look the business compared to my road tyres. They are on landcruiser rims. If you are looking at new my best deal for this tyre was from Tyremen in Clitheroe Lancashire about £136 fitted and balanced. Seemed a good deal, rims tyres and they appear to be balanced at £400. Can now refurbish my old alloys and continue to use my road tyres next year.

Comment

I find now my rims are 7j on the new wheels and my current rims are 8j. Needless to say they tighten onto the caliper. Don't really want to let the 7j wheels go but I'm sure I would get my money back on ebay.
        Any useful suggestions out there?

Comment

I run 285 75 16s...

They rub with 4" of lift.... but look awesome
          More Lift.
          More Tyres.
          More Engine.

Comment

Working...
          X