Think yourself lucky

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Think yourself lucky

Think yourself lucky you have a Surf. Some may be put off buying a Surf after reading these Surf related problem pages with it's constant barrage of cracked head & rear window problems. But after my father in law got a "99 Volvo S80 I had a look at the S80 equivalent to this site and let me tell you there is no " anyone got a water temp sender or rear drivers side electric window switch"
    If you do put a second hand alternator on there's a chance it won't work, if it does work when you have it plugged in to a main dealer's computer it will most probably shut down some of the 40 onboard computers.
    All the best

Couldn't agree more. I went on a Merc forum to sort out my wiper motor, bl00dy ell, everything goes wrong with them.

Sent from the iPad you "lost"

Comment

Originally posted by slobodan View Post
      Couldn't agree more. I went on a Merc forum to sort out my wiper motor, bl00dy ell, everything goes wrong with them.

Only the "new" ones. Nothing goes wrong with my 92, 230E
      Сви можемо

Comment

Originally posted by Bogus View Post
        Only the "new" ones. Nothing goes wrong with my 92, 230E
        good, mines an old C 250.

Sent from the iPad you "lost"

Comment

Not a lot went wrong with my 88 300SE, nothing is built like it used to be

Comment

My 60 plate Vito has.....

dashboard lights that could trigger a seizure.
            blue tooth that works part time some of the time.
            cabin lights that don't.
            fan/air con demister relays that sound like somebody is using them as castanets .
            and probably the worst bit the radio/cd player that works for about 4 minutes every hour.

Oh and the rear end got stoved in but I don't think that was due to build quality.
            been back to MB four times now and still none the wiser
            Eat.Sleep.Surf.Repeat.

Comment

I got a used drivers door window control panel for a 00' S80 awhile ago, turns out it would'nt work until reprogrammed to suit the actual car by a dealer.

But dealer will only programme new ones, as reprogramming used ones dosn't always work!

It only makes the windows go up and down FFS!

Car makers have lost the plot.
              4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

Originally posted by TonyN View Post
                Car makers have lost the plot.
                No, they are developing the "plot' so eventually, anything on a motor vehicle will need to be fixed, replaced or whatever, by a dealer, at huge expense.

Nev

Comment

Originally posted by NiftyNev View Post
                  No, they are developing the "plot' so eventually, anything on a motor vehicle will need to be fixed, replaced or whatever, by a dealer, at huge expense.

Nev
                  Nev,s right as regards development, selling new cars has never been particularly profitable, the money has always been in spares/repairs. They are just taking to a whole new level. Thats why Im sticking with my "old bangers"
                  Сви можемо

Comment

Originally posted by Bogus View Post
                    Nev,s right as regards development, selling new cars has never been particularly profitable, the money has always been in spares/repairs. They are just taking to a whole new level. Thats why Im sticking with my "old bangers"
                    I think every once in a while there needs to be a thread such as this to reiterate our choice in motors.
                    Oh Nana, what's my name?

Comment

I'll stick with what I know (or what I can find out from the nice folk here)
                      All the best

Comment

Working...
                      X