Today

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Today

i have mostly been lifting my truck. Well actually this morning i fitted roughtrax +2 rear springs. I read a few threads where people had fitted them without spring compressors, well all i can say is that they must be built like Jeff Capes. I did remove all the stuff that stops the axle falling enough but no-way were they going in.
    Either tonight or in the morning i want to raise the front 1"by adjusting the TBs, but after reading conflicting threads about how many turns to give on the adjusting bolts i am confused.

Do i need to turn them 2-3 turns or 10-15 to get 1" lift? I know each truck will be different but a close starting point would be much appreciated.

Thanyou
    Dazza
    Non consternationes.

It's going to be different for every truck mate, I'd say the easiest way would be liberally apply releasing spray to the top and bottom of the adjusting bolts and take the truck for a run tomorrow to settle the rear springs, once home liberally apply releasing spray again. I went off the height of the sill edges on mine as otherwise it looked bonk eyed! Jack the front up so the torsion bars are unloaded, Get a spanner on the top nut and work it back and forward to free it off, counter hold the top nut and wind the bottom up about ten full turns, take it down the road and back and re-do the measurements, if it's somewhere near adjust accordingly either side to level it off, I left mine half an inch higher at the back and after a week it has settled down more or less level.

Comment

Originally posted by dazandcaz View Post
      Do i need to turn them 2-3 turns or 10-15 to get 1" lift? I know each truck will be different but a close starting point would be much appreciated.
      Start with 10 turns a side, see how it looks.
      Do you know that, with a 50 character limit, it's

Comment

Thanks guys, i'll be doing ten turns tonight then re-adjust tomorrow after a days driving around.

Ta
        Non consternationes.

Comment

Working...
        X