@Vince

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• @Vince

Vince I know you were considering the R-Tech.
    I can highly recommended it, just had a play with it and it's simple to use.
    Cuts through the 3.2mm wall tube like it's paper and can manage the claimed 8mm mild clean cut with ease.
    I will give this one heavy use so will see how well the consumables hold up.
    Brian

ive been using one of R-Techs ac dc 200a tig's for about a year - its a decent bit of kit for the price and has been 100% reliable

Comment

Originally posted by gary-r View Post
      ive been using one of R-Techs ac dc 200a tig's for about a year - its a decent bit of kit for the price and has been 100% reliable
      Would love to own that as I was a TIG production welder for 7yrs as a lad.
      I just can't justify one at the min. Maybe once the MIG dies as in comparison makes tube welds with MIG look like they were made by a drunk brickie.
      Brian

Comment

dont know if you've tried a cope former and a spacer tip for the plasma - gives perfect cuts on pipe and saves hours on the grinding.

make a former to the shape of your cope in 2mm tin - clamp it tight to the pipe

then fit a spacer tip to the plasma torch - small jubilee clip and a small strip of stainless works. use the strip of stainless as a guide and follow the cope former as it cuts.

heres a pic of the one i use http://store.cyberweld.com/plstcugu.html

the pic more or less shows how it works

Comment

Originally posted by gary-r View Post
          dont know if you've tried a cope former and a spacer tip for the plasma - gives perfect cuts on pipe and saves hours on the grinding.

make a former to the shape of your cope in 2mm tin - clamp it tight to the pipe

then fit a spacer tip to the plasma torch - small jubilee clip and a small strip of stainless works. use the strip of stainless as a guide and follow the cope former as it cuts.

heres a pic of the one i use http://store.cyberweld.com/plstcugu.html

the pic more or less shows how it works
          I have the cope templates Gary and that stand off looks ideal. I have castle tips fitted at the min which allows the tip to be dragged. I have been messing with jubilee clip and bolts but the stainless seems a better idea I will give it go thanks.
          Brian

Comment

Originally posted by yoshie View Post
            Vince I know you were considering the R-Tech.
            I can highly recommended it, just had a play with it and it's simple to use.
            Cuts through the 3.2mm wall tube like it's paper and can manage the claimed 8mm mild clean cut with ease.
            I will give this one heavy use so will see how well the consumables hold up.

I'm not jealous.

I don't really do that much cutting to justify spending out on a plasma cutter really. It's a TIG welder I need more, for all the aluminium under bonnet bling I want to make.
            Bought myself a really nice reciprocating saw last week-end though.

Comment

Originally posted by BUSHWHACKER View Post
              I'm not jealous.

I don't really do that much cutting to justify spending out on a plasma cutter really. It's a TIG welder I need more, for all the aluminium under bonnet bling I want to make.
              Bought myself a really nice reciprocating saw last week-end though.
              Just remember you will have to buy a nice one, AC/DC so you can do Stainless and Aluminum.
              Brian

Comment

Working...
              X