Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• An open letter to Java...

Dear Java,

I have always been content to allow you to install yourself on my pc, knowing only that I probably need you to make my computer work. Normally I'm cool with this because it's only a couple of times a year, and you normally just blip peacably by.

But today you flashed up in angry red letters that you are in 3 billion devices, including bus passes, parking meters and, if I read you correctly, kindling (?!). This sounded like a threat. So now I demand to know who you are, what you do and what you get out of it - because, so far as I'm aware, I've never paid you.

If you think you can just slip on in there and wait for the big 'switch on', without anyone noticing then you're wrong, because this human noticed. I've seen Terminator 2 and I'm guessing so have you, so we both know what's going on here. Let's cut the cr*p and have it out, right now. You might have email, all the serious weapons and fire (?!), but at 3 billion you only have half our number. What's more, at least some of your number are bus passes - which are hopeless in a war situation.

We're not afraid of Apache gunships and nulear warheads while we still have e̶̶a̶̶c̶̶h̶̶o̶̶t̶̶h̶̶e̶̶r̶ swords, and we won't go down without a fight.

Leigh

Something to do with cups of tea I think...
    "B.A." Baracus: "Talk to me, talk sense so I can talk back. Not all this jibberjabber like breaking the peace and all that."
    www.johnthebuilder.info

Comment

Originally posted by leighh View Post
      Dear Java,

I have always been content to allow you to install yourself on my pc, knowing only that I probably need you to make my computer work. Normally I'm cool with this because it's only a couple of times a year, and you normally just blip peacably by.

But today you flashed up in angry red letters that you are in 3 billion devices, including bus passes, parking meters and, if I read you correctly, kindling (?!). This sounded like a threat. So now I demand to know who you are, what you do and what you get out of it - because, so far as I'm aware, I've never paid you.

If you think you can just slip on in there and wait for the big 'switch on', without anyone noticing then you're wrong, because this human noticed. I've seen Terminator 2 and I'm guessing so have you, so we both know what's going on here. Let's cut the cr*p and have it out, right now. You might have email, all the serious weapons and fire (?!), but at 3 billion you only have half our number. What's more, at least some of your number are bus passes - which are hopeless in a war situation.

We're not afraid of Apache gunships and nulear warheads while we still have e̶̶a̶̶c̶̶h̶̶o̶̶t̶̶h̶̶e̶̶r̶ swords, and we won't go down without a fight.

Leigh
      Did you have something on your Weetabix this morning?............Ooops, sorry, wrong forum.........................
      " Time wounds all heels ".

Comment

would you like a tampon with that moody rant?
        Eat.Sleep.Surf.Repeat.

Comment

Originally posted by shokenore View Post
          would you like a tampon with that moody rant?
          Oh Nana, what's my name?

Comment

Working...
          X