pitman arm

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• pitman arm

Dose anybody know when you repalce the pitmam arm do you have to press the new one on to the steering box shaft ?
    Always up to my neck in it

pITMAN ARM

Aaron,dont quote me on this one,the Ellery manual states that you must use a puller to get the old one off,dont use a crowbar or somesuch,and the picture seems to show a splined shaft so it "should" just be a tight interferance to reinstall it back on the splines, but it must go back in the same position in relation to the steering box shaft and the nut must be torqued up,the Haynes manual says much the same,hope this helps.Will try and send you the pictures if you need then,Alan

Comment

I've never got an orginal pitmam arm off without cutting it. They are normally uber tight on the spline.

Fitting is easy, the torque setting on the nut will make sure its properly home.
      4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

managed to get mine off with a puller - it was cherry red with the gas axe before it moved though

as tony said - easy to re-fit

Comment

See that is what I was expecting someone to say that refitting the new one is easy . When I put the my new arm on the recon box it would only gone so far on the spline so I torgued up the nut hoping it would help move it up the spline but with the nut set to the correct torgue the arm is still a good 10-15mm from where it should sit so I called roughtrax to ask about this and they told me I need to press it on now and that they used a special tool they made I'm confused because you guys are saying its an easy fit something is oviously wrong

Comment

Have you lined it up properly? There is one fat spline (I think) so you get it in the right position.

I don't recall ever having any issues getting new ones on.
            4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

Aaron do ya want me to pop round n have a butchers tomorra ? n where about's in Hemel are ya ?
              ya can call me in reverse order 74232807970
              Buncefield Burner

Comment

Unfortunatly I gota work stupidly late tomorrow night but I am around Friday night if you might have any free time that would be brill

Comment

Originally posted by ezza24 View Post
                  Unfortunatly I gota work stupidly late tomorrow night but I am around Friday night if you might have any free time that would be brill
                  No probs, call me Friday when ya free n I'll pop round .....
                  Buncefield Burner

Comment

Ok that's great thanks would it be easier if I brought the bits round to you as I have the new arm and steering box in the back of the truck already ?

Comment

Ok that's great thanks would it be easier if I brought the bits round to you as I have the new arm and steering box in the back of the truck already ?
                      May be easier ....
                      I'm right opposite the Council Depot by the bus stop ..
                      Buncefield Burner

Comment

Hi peter just to let u know managed to sort my problems . when I get a chance il post up what I found , if you ever need a hand working on your truck just Gimi a bell. My number is 07793451144 il check back tomorrow and see if you have seen this post if not il give u a ring

Comment

Hi peter just to let u know managed to sort my problems . when I get a chance il post up what I found , if you ever need a hand working on your truck just Gimi a bell. My number is " " il check back tomorrow and see if you have seen this post if not il give u a ring
                          Ok Aaron No probs, n thanks for ya offer Jess if ya don't mind ....
                          (who's this Peter)
                          Buncefield Burner

Comment

Working...
                          X