• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Albannach View Post
    Sadly, it's not for sale.
    Have they plans for it?

Is it all there?

Everything has a price did they not give even a little in?

Mick I think Greengrass had one very similar.
    Brian

Comment

Originally posted by yoshie View Post
      Have they plans for it?

Is it all there?

Everything has a price did they not give even a little in?
      They didn't even let me finish my question, it's definitely not for sale. The 2 APCs behind it are 'absolutely not for sale' too.

It looks complete, panel wise, but I didn't spend any time looking at it; no point.
      Do you know that, with a 50 character limit, it's

Comment

Sadly, it's not for sale.

Shame, Andy. How would your good lady react to something like this?..... http://www.carandclassic.co.uk/car/C255302 .......I know it's quite a few bob more, but it looks a far more viable restoration....... .......
        " Time wounds all heels ".

Comment

Is that an airfield behind that fence? It's got that 'look' about it...
          Cutting steps in the roof of the world

Comment

Originally posted by Apache View Post
            Is that an airfield behind that fence? It's got that 'look' about it...
            Nope, just a big field. But I see what you mean.

Comment

I'm actually properly p1ssed off that it's not for sale. Even Shirley didn't say her standard 'No!' when I showed her the picture.

Comment

I bet it's still laid there rotting away next year.
                Brian

Comment

I bet it's still laid there rotting away next year.
                  Yep, probably. If the owner scrapped it, they can't un-scrap it though?

Those 2 (Alvis, I think) APCs have been there as long as I can remember...

Comment

Originally posted by Thrifty
                    if you wish to cry take a look at this lot of pictures, its by no means all of them, there was about 10 times this amount. the family were forced in the end to clear the site (many acres) after the passing of Lenny Medler, i went to school with some of his family and often used to visit the yard to get bits. if you google his name you will find about him he was a sheer legend. it wasnt just cars too his son loved motor bikes, (who i went to school with) passed away in a tragic accident, his massive classic bike collection went into moth balls never to been seen again. when i mean massive it was 100s not a few.
                    they are a great family, and it is a real shame those cars are still not around a lot of them had to be crushed.

I Really admire anyone who has the ability and devotion to restore any old thing, be it car or house.

sadly a lot of the older scrap yards are being replaced by recycling centers where history is getting crushed for re use. we need more collectors and hoarders to prevent the past being lost.
                    ###### hell thrifty i'm trying, Give me a chance.
                    I do agree with you about the scrapyards, Too many have been bought and turned into waste reclamation sites, I used to enjoy a sunday afternoon rooting through a good scrapyard sadly where i am living they are few and far between, The only decent one is quite a distance from me really so a little jaunt turns into a day out, Though the wife doesn't see it that way luckily my son enjoys rooting through old cars and the likes.
                    I do get told quite often, that i hoard way too much for the size of the garage i have but, if i built another shed i would only find things to put in it and keep the rest of what i have collected aswell
                    I'M ALWAYS IN THE SH'T, IT'S ONLY THE DEPTH THAT VARIES!!!!!!!!

Comment

It's for sale!

So I went and had a good look at it. I'm still a bit tempted, but it is a complete mess. Need to see if spares are available and at what cost.

Opinions, advice and links would be appreciated.

Is it fairly tin worm free?
                      Nope, it's not got one good panel on it. A couple may be salvagable though. Even the chassis has been reinforced with 2" angle!

How much of the oily bits are missing?
                      All of them, there's no steering gear either.

and are you buying?
                      Probably not, £450 is too rich for it?

Comment

I can't figure out exactly what it is either, it's badged "Austin Commercials", no idea of the year.
                        That's a bollix statement, it's badged "Morris Commercials".

Comment

I think it needs doing and you have a lexus just waiting to be utilised.
                          I am selling the Jimny and plan to build this. May as well build something to christen the garage.

http://www.hiluxsurf.co.uk/showpost....&postcount=132
                          Brian

Comment

Comment

eh no
                              Brian

Comment

Why don't you try 'Milweb' ? lots of trucks on there and lots of 'projects'
                                Death rides a Black Horse

Comment

Working...
                                X