Reversing mirror,help!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Reversing mirror,help!

Can anybody give me the dimensions in mm,of the rev. mirror to edge of wing/bonnet and the distance from the front leading edge/headlamp to the rubber edge of the mirror seal.Fitting a rev mirror.Many thanks in anticipation,cheers.
    CURRY-ER

Duncan, A bit of a confusing post ??? Do you mean the little parking mirror on the left hand side front wing of the truck, this looks down to align kerbs and such like. The 3rd Gen surfs (some of , not all) are fitted with a Reversing mirror which pops down with the press of a button and is purely for reversing up to things.

Andy

Comment

Originally posted by Andy W
      Duncan, A bit of a confusing post ??? Do you mean the little parking mirror on the left hand side front wing of the truck, this looks down to align kerbs and such like. The 3rd Gen surfs (some of , not all) are fitted with a Reversing mirror which pops down with the press of a button and is purely for reversing up to things.

Andy

And I use the one inside as well, wait for tow bar to go bump and reversing complete
      Say not always what you know, but always know what you say.

My 4x4
      My choice
      Back off

Comment

Its the small one at the leading edge of the l/wing.'Malinebo' kindly gave me one(mirror that is),so I've sprayed it and now I'm looking at fixing it,I can gauge approx. where it goes,but what exactly does it focus on?(rear wheel,middle or what).
        Cheers Koi,I've ordered the tow bar if all else fails!
        CURRY-ER

Comment

Originally posted by Duncan
          Its the small one at the leading edge of the l/wing.'Malinebo' kindly gave me one(mirror that is),so I've sprayed it and now I'm looking at fixing it,I can gauge approx. where it goes,but what exactly does it focus on?(rear wheel,middle or what).
          Cheers Koi,I've ordered the tow bar if all else fails!
          In all honesty Duncan, if your Surf hasn't got one fitted, I wouldn't bother fitting one, as it is no use whatsoever.
          Pete

Comment

I've never used it since I've owned my surf... if it ain't there i see no point in adding it

just my 2p

Comment

Originally posted by Stephen Parkinson
              I've never used it since I've owned my surf... if it ain't there i see no point in adding it

just my 2p
              Actually I disagree, I used to think they were useless but when you get used to using it, it's very good for reversing into tight parking spaces in a carpark. Even better when you still have the side steps on as it stops you hitting things with them when you can't see them.

Cheers

Comment

Originally posted by Stephen Parkinson

just my 2p

I find it very handy for hanging my handbag on so I got two hands free for rummaging for keys, mobile, purse etc....
                (oh come on, some girlie had to say it..!!)
                Had enough... going to live in Spain....

Comment

Originally posted by Helen
                  I find it very handy for hanging my handbag on so I got two hands free for rummaging for keys, mobile, purse etc....
                  (oh come on, some girlie had to say it..!!)
                  trouble is helen most of the guys on here wont admit to being a girlie
                  Enjoying Life after Cancer
                  Pops

Comment

Originally posted by pops
                    trouble is helen most of the guys on here wont admit to being a girlie

Phut......

I've seen the way some of 'em dress......

Comment

i rest my case te he or is it lol
                      Enjoying Life after Cancer
                      Pops

Comment

Originally posted by Duncan
                        Can anybody give me the dimensions in mm,of the rev. mirror to edge of wing/bonnet and the distance from the front leading edge/headlamp to the rubber edge of the mirror seal.Fitting a rev mirror.Many thanks in anticipation,cheers.
                        Measurements are 33mm from inside edge of wing to outside edge of rubber at the rear of the mirror and 80mm from front of the wing (at the most forward part) to the front edge of the rubber on the mirror seal.

Cheers

Comment

Originally posted by lucky
                          Measurements are 33mm from inside edge of wing to outside edge of rubber at the rear of the mirror and 80mm from front of the wing (at the most forward part) to the front edge of the rubber on the mirror seal.

Cheers

Bless..... you just been out and done that ??? What a good bloke...

Comment

Originally posted by Helen
                            Bless..... you just been out and done that ??? What a good bloke...
                            I'm all heart. Got to be better than work.

Cheers

Comment

If I knew it was going to cause such controversy,I wouldn't have asked.
                              But!! We got there in the end.I like the handbag touch.Now,where did I put my lip stick?
                              CURRY-ER

Comment

Working...
                              X