X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Galway to Belfast

You Irish lads...

Do I go the Eniskillen way?

Or just get on the motorways via Dublin?

It'll be a Sunday morning early.

Sent from the iPad you "lost"

Enniskillen will be tiring but enjoyable drive ...I'd suggest the Dublin route

Back in the day Baby

Comment

Cheers.

Comment

Dublin, but don't forget to pay your m50 motorway toll or your hiring company may get onto you about it.... It's a barrier free toll point...

Your gonna be looking at 4 tolls altogether as well...

Ballinasloe, kilcock, m50 and drogheda tolls.

Galway to Dublin 2 1/2 cant supply a Dublin Belfast time but drogheda is about 40 mins up the motorway.

Comment

God I forgot about the toll road I was down last week and drove through twice..must google them

Back in the day Baby

Comment

you on a yellow reg vultch or southern???

yellow reg your fine unless you abuse it... mate of mine got away with it for 18 months then got a letter looking for €2662 for 22 trips....

Comment

Cheers Bob, What are those tolls? about 1.80 a pop?

The hire car does the ring road toll and adds it to the bill.

Comment

Yellow UK reg Bob...I'm rarely down that neck of the woods, I'll just sit tight then

Back in the day Baby

Comment

€3 for m50, and.the others about 2. All take cash except m50.
                  You will have a fairly monotonous trip from galway to Dublin.

What time you leaving in the morning...

Comment

About now.

Comment

I thought you were leaving early!
                      Non intercooled nothing.

Comment

you must be near dublin now yopur about halfway, about 10 minutes after dublin airport is a big service stop.... get breakfast in there...

Comment

Originally posted by BigBobE View Post
                          you must be near dublin now yopur about halfway, about 10 minutes after dublin airport is a big service stop.... get breakfast in there...
                          I wish I had a smart phone and had seen this.

I was Starving Marvin.

It took about 3 and a half hours and I only saw two other cars.

The place is empty.

I am now back at Dublin airport waiting for a (delayed) flight to Stanstead.

Comment

What's your line of business that.had you here for a whistle stop tour???

Comment

Hope you made it back in one piece. Not a trip I'd like to be making today, as the wind in Galway is pretty much blowing people down the street!

If you're doing Galway to Belfast again, you can go Roscommon, Longford, Cavan, Monaghan, Armagh, Belfast, which is nearly all twisty bits. Takes a bit over 4 hours in a transit!

You can take the motorway to Athlone, and go from there to Ballymahon, and on to Cavan, Monaghan, Armagh, Belfast. Some great road with a bit of twisty.

You can take the N17 to Sligo, then on to Enniskillen and Belfast. Not bad roads.

Then there's the motorway to Mullingar, and up the N52 to Dundalk and back on the motorway for Belfast but, having used that route once (in fine weather with low traffic) I wouldn't use it again. The N52 is a decent road, but there are some hateful stretches on it.

Finally there's the motorway to Dublin, onto the M50 Dublin bypass, and on to the M1 for Belfast. Costs about €10 in tolls, and (as I'm sure you found out) monotonous as you can get.

To be honest, they all take roughly the same time, 4 to 4 and a half hours.

I'll always take either option 2 or 3, usually option 2, and my father takes route 3.

Comment

Working...
                              X