Names

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Names

Delighted to heat MWS's good news and not wanting to walk all over his post;

Kids names

I have a nephew called Bo. (Dad is Dukes of Hazard fan, but still)

My ex called her lad Odin. (poor thing will be about three now)

Our friends have two kids, Sam and Ella. (and never realised)

There must be more ????
    All the best

Our seven week old daughter is called Bo, my wife is Swedish and her father who passed away a few years ago was named Bo. My wife's name is Isa, not pronounced ISA as in the individual savings account.

My nephew's name is Jago which apparently is Cornish for James, Jago is quite a common last name but I have met one other person with the first name Jago.

Comment

My youngest children are called Izaac and Izabel, The names aren't overly different due to me thinking of them when they go to school, i didn't want them having the p[ss taken because of their names, but they are different just not so noticable unless it's written down.
      Just remembered why i called my boy Izaac
      as a boy's name is a variant of Isaac (Hebrew), and the meaning of Izaac is "laughter".
      And my daughter's name,
      as a girl's name is a variant of Isabel (Hebrew), and the meaning of Izabel is "God's promise".
      Last edited by tonupteabag; 12 October 2011, 10:55.
      I'M ALWAYS IN THE SH'T, IT'S ONLY THE DEPTH THAT VARIES!!!!!!!!

Comment

I'm not having a go mate. Bo for a boy is unusual in the UK without foreign connections.

Didn't want to offend,

I called my daughter Molly Jo so I can call her MOJO.

If there happens to be a forum member with a child or relation called Odin I'll have this post deleted.
        All the best

Comment

don't worry about the post mate One of my friends has called her boy Odin which i was a little shocked when she told me but looking at what some of the famous bunch are calling their children Odin is pretty much normal...
          Last edited by tonupteabag; 12 October 2011, 11:06. Reason: can't ###### spell....

Comment

Well I'm called Colin,
            Colin is a male given name. Colin is usually pronounced /ˈkɒlɨn/ (ko-lin), although General Colin Powell chooses to use /ˈkoʊlɨn/ (koh-lin). Like many given names, it has multiple origins, including:

an Anglicized form of the Gaelic name "Cailean" or "Coileáin", meaning "whelp", "cub", or "young pup";
            a diminutive form of Nicolas (before the 17th century in England, most nicknames had the diminutive ending "in" or "Kin", where the ending is attached to the first syllable, a few remain such as Robin (Rob-in, from Robert), Hank (Hen-Kin from Henry), Jack (Jan-kin from John), and Colin (Col-in from Nicolas));
            a diminutive form of "Colle", a short French form of Nicholas (Greek), meaning "victorious people";
            a development of the Norse name "Koli", meaning "dark", a Middle English surname given to those living on property whose ownership was disputed;

All I know is that the runner bean on cbeebies mr bloom and the cartoon dog from the Quavers advert had d the same name !!!
            All the best

Comment

Well my parents saw fit to call me Anthony but i shortened it back to Tony as i don't like Anthony

Comment

Don't...

I called my youngest boy Massimiliano. After Max Biaggi.

Luckily he calls himself Max.

Sent from the iPad you "lost"

Comment

Over here there's been a huge rise in recent years of people using Irish names, or made-up Irish-sounding names.

So now we have a lot of children called Fiachra and Siofra and Iseult.

Unfortunately our teaching of the Irish language wasn't very good here for years, so there are children named Ocras and Oighinn, which mean Hungry and Oven!

Comment

My little boy is called Harlan. A slightly unusual name but not too odd sounding IMHO. Middle name Josiah (after Mr Wedgwood)

When I was in my late teens a couple of mates of mine had a kid & called it Paige. Their surname was Turner.

And I remember a story in the papers a few years ago about a couple who named their kid "Drew Peacock" without realising what they'd done.

Comment

My Surname is Pye, and my kids are called Kate and Sidney. NOT, only kidding, none of the above is true.

Then theres the old favoirites. Mike Hunt. Im looking for Mike Hunt, has anyone seen Mike Hunt ? and Rupert/Robert/Richard Sole. "this is a message for Mr R. Sole. Could Mr R.Sole please report to reception.

Drews Mum and Dad really ought to have thought that one through
                      Сви можемо

Comment

I would have loved to have seen a marriage between Whoopi goldberg and Peter cushing...
                        Last edited by gwh200; 12 October 2011, 17:30. Reason: sausage fingered fool i am
                        Non intercooled nothing.

Comment

Originally posted by Bogus View Post
                          Then theres the old favoirites. Mike Hunt.
                          Genuinely, there is a 'Mike Hunt Electrical Contractor' in Worcester behind the Odeon cinema. No joke.

Friend of a friend, Christopher Paul Bacon. Yes, Chris P Bacon.
                          Cutting steps in the roof of the world

Comment

Paul and Alex Ness.

Not made up and interesting when being called in public, in an organisation that uses Forename inital and surname as a method for calling forward visitors.
                            Brian

Comment

Originally posted by Apache View Post
                              Genuinely, there is a 'Mike Hunt Electrical Contractor' in Worcester behind the Odeon cinema. No joke.

Friend of a friend, Christopher Paul Bacon. Yes, Chris P Bacon.
                              I had one lecturer called Chris King (C king) and one called Colin Munn.
                              Heard a bloke had Jackson and Michael as his two boys names. dunno if its true.

Had a mate at school called mark hunt. His nickname was Issac. These days it would be iSsac (or iMac)

I like Anita Bush.
                              If you're gonna be a bear... be a Grizzly.

Comment

Working...
                              X