Motorway speed limits....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi Tony
    You're not wrong! Most people are still in the "Captain Scarlet" stage of life, they seem to think they have the driving skills of an F1 driver, in reality they have the driving skills of an infant
    I'M ALWAYS IN THE SH'T, IT'S ONLY THE DEPTH THAT VARIES!!!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by tonupteabag View Post
      Hi Tony
      You're not wrong! Most people are still in the "Captain Scarlet" stage of life, they seem to think they have the driving skills of an F1 driver, in reality they have the driving skills of an infant
      That was certainly my problem when I had my crash a few years ago. It certainly brought me down a peg or two and made me realise that I'd only been taught to pass the driving test rather than actually being taught to drive.

As a result of the accident I was sent on a police approved driving course and I was surprised at how much I learnt (or rather how little I knew beforehand!) about driving on 4 wheels.

2 wheels is a whole different kettle of fish though. I can ride a bike like Valentino Rossi. Or was it Francis Rossi....?

Comment

If I'm in the Surf I have to drive within its limits....but when I'm out in the Porsche it's my limits that become paramount....its so easy to come a cropper in a frisky RWD after being in the plodder.

Comment

Hi Rusty
          Aye when you pass the test most people don't actually read the certificate, it states..
          Mr A N Other has reached the minimum required standard to drive a motor vehicle.
          I was on bikes for 6yrs before i passed the driving test so i was proficient with a bike but, the car was a whole new ballgame...My old man always drummed it into me that "Everyone onthe road is an idiot except you" or his other favourite saying was "Expect the unexpected" which has saved me a few times..(shame it didn't when i was taken out on the bike)
          I'M ALWAYS IN THE SH'T, IT'S ONLY THE DEPTH THAT VARIES!!!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by JamesG View Post
            I would suggest you look up the definition of the word ‘safe’ before you call my comments trite!

“Protected from or not exposed to danger or risk; not likely to be harmed or lost.”
            This rather confirms the idiotic initial impression. If "Protected from or not exposed to risk" is your definition of "safe", then 0mph is the only "safe" speed limit.

Fortunately I don't bandy the word "chump" around in the same way that you do.
            Last edited by flounderbout; 7 October 2011, 13:32.

Comment

Originally posted by Thrifty
              thats not nice

I pick my targets carefully - if anything Henry would be impressed that I could spell ignoramus !

Life is too important to take seriously !

Comment

Originally posted by Predictable Bob View Post

I pick my targets carefully - if anything Henry would be impressed that I could spell ignoramus !

I decided to ignoruanus
                Sorry - couldn't resist.

Comment

Bwaaaaaaahaaaaaaaahaaaaa !

PS
                  I've got say that I'm quite relieved about that - I'd be very worried if you were interested in my arse ...

Life is too important to take seriously !

Comment

if the minimum speed for cars was sixty trucks wouldnt have to use middle lane as much, u watch the ROVER driver trying to save fuel::

Comment

Originally posted by roundabout View Post
                      if the minimum speed for cars was sixty trucks wouldnt have to use middle lane as much, u watch the ROVER driver trying to save fuel::
                      Yes and when you come up behind one in a truck driving on the limiter and overtake they just increase their speed by the smallest amount, so you have to pull back in behind them. A short way up the road and you're still on the limiter but gaining on them again. Fcuking morons, it should be legal to push them if they drive too slow.

And I don't think anyone who hasn't spent thousands of miles behind the wheel of a truck should be commenting on truckers driving, yeah not all are saints but we have a job to do and our rules are restrictive enough as it is.

The no overtaking for trucks on the M42 was actually the A42 where it is just two lanes, it has been used on other roads. It is ok for a short distance at certain times but if it were used more widely it would be a real pain in the arse, imagine cranes limited to 40mph or a heavy load driving at a reduced speed, trucks would run out of hours much further from their destination, apart from the inconvenience to drivers and recipients of goods etc it would no doubt put the price up on just about every retail-able item.

Comment

Originally posted by TonyN View Post
                        Thats the trouble isn't it, most peoples actual driving skills are far lower than they think.

mine aren't.

I know i'm a crap driver.
                        If you're gonna be a bear... be a Grizzly.

Comment

Working...
                        X