Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• engine settings

hi there,
    I currently own a 1985 2L petrol Hilux Surf (Jap. Import to New Zealand). I am struggling to find any workshop manuals over here and would be grateful for info. on plug gaps, points gaps and how to check and reset the tappets ie. in what order and what gaps?

Also, any info. on changing automatic locking hubs to manual hubs ie. how easy is it?

Any other info. or tips greatly appreciated.
    Best wishes, Simon, New Zealand

Have you not tried more local group m8 on - http://www.toyotasurf.asn.au/forum/

similar group of nutters as we have and techs too.

Good luck

Fish
    If it smells like fish, eat it!

Comment

Originally posted by simon roach
      hi there,
      I currently own a 1985 2L petrol Hilux Surf (Jap. Import to New Zealand). I am struggling to find any workshop manuals over here and would be grateful for info. on plug gaps, points gaps and how to check and reset the tappets ie. in what order and what gaps?

Also, any info. on changing automatic locking hubs to manual hubs ie. how easy is it?

Any other info. or tips greatly appreciated.
      Best wishes, Simon, New Zealand
      Simon.

You need the Max Ellery Hilux/4Runner Petrol RN/YN/VZN manual. It's number is EP.TH4P.

That will cover your Surf, presumably it has the 18 or 20R engine in it.

Changing to manual hubs should be relatively easy, and the kits come with instructions. You should be able to get some from ebay Aisin or Warn would do the job.

Cheers

Comment

Working...
      X