veg oil on 94 3.0td

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• veg oil on 94 3.0td

i'm new to this whole veg oil for diesel engines thing. I never really knew what it was till today n it caught my attention.

Couple of questions:
    > can i use any veg oil? Does the oil type matter (sunflower...etc)?
    > in what proportion shud it be mixed with the diesel?
    > do i need some kind of heater for the oil?
    > any advantages and disadvantages?
    '94 Surf SSR-X --3.0l Turbo-KZN130W -- 400,000KMs

This topic has been done to death. If you had used the search function you would have found this.

Always try a search first, if you ask questions about topics that have been covered extensively you may not get a reply.
    'Tis better to sting than to be stung!

Comment

Originally posted by Scorpion View Post
      This topic has been done to death. If you had used the search function you would have found this.

Always try a search first, if you ask questions about topics that have been covered extensively you may not get a reply.
      thanks, . I WILL use the search first next time.

Comment

great link @Scorpion. Wonderful explanation back there. Buffed up with the knowledge, went out to get some veg-oil, guess what, VEG-OIL COSTS TWICE AS MUCH AS DIESEL COSTS. (1ltr diesel ~ 18birr[~1 US dollar] and 1ltr veg-oil ~ 40birr[2.20 US dollar]).
        so I'm gonna stick with pure diesel but wud love to try some veg oil to know what the smoke smells like. Cheers!

Comment

Originally posted by tamrat View Post
          great link @Scorpion. Wonderful explanation back there. Buffed up with the knowledge, went out to get some veg-oil, guess what, VEG-OIL COSTS TWICE AS MUCH AS DIESEL COSTS. (1ltr diesel ~ 18birr[~1 US dollar] and 1ltr veg-oil ~ 40birr[2.20 US dollar]).
          so I'm gonna stick with pure diesel but wud love to try some veg oil to know what the smoke smells like. Cheers!
          It smells like a warm Sunday evening, family round, some beers, and some chicken cooking slowly on the BBQ.
          Oh Nana, what's my name?

Comment

just curious: can i install a relay in the fuse box where it says "Fuel Heater"? Will it help to prevent veg-oil/diesel mix from turning to gel?

Comment

Working...
            X