yobit eobot.com

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What agle can our surfs go on before she rolls?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What agle can our surfs go on before she rolls?

Probbly a silly question but a search of the forums not showing anything.

Love 4wding and give my old truck and give it in the process (and break many things and engines in the process)
    I happily have it at 35 degrees going up hill or down hill possible hitting 40 but she struggles to get grip once at 40 obviously, but as for sideways stuff I wimp out at a meer 15-20 degrees.
    Am I being too much of a wimp and need to suck it up or are surfs likely to roll over sideways and im right in not liking sideways stuff?

What kind of angles do you guys hit when out playing?

PS: it 1am, im bored and playing with the smileys
    Its a new truck, Because every parts been replaced

Originally posted by Kiwisurfing View Post
    Probbly a silly question but a search of the forums not showing anything.

Love 4wding and give my old truck and give it in the process (and break many things and engines in the process)
    I happily have it at 35 degrees going up hill or down hill possible hitting 40 but she struggles to get grip once at 40 obviously, but as for sideways stuff I wimp out at a meer 15-20 degrees.
    Am I being too much of a wimp and need to suck it up or are surfs likely to roll over sideways and im right in not liking sideways stuff?

What kind of angles do you guys hit when out playing?

PS: it 1am, im bored and playing with the smileys

Hello dale. Difficult question to answer, because the centre of gravity can be different depending on track width, how much higher than standard a truck is and how heavily, and how high up it's been loaded. Generally the higher the centre of gravity, the easier it will tip. The surface you are on needs to be considered, as well. will the vehicle slip and slide, or could some sink, or break away, causing further sudden tilt......If you value your vehicle, and yourself, dont take risks..................see pic ......Cheers........Mick
    Attached Files
    " Time wounds all heels ".

Comment

Ye gods thats not a good pic to see, hope who ever was drivings ok.
      I think though after seeing a picture like that im happily going to be a wimp and stick with my 15-20 degrees limit on sideways stuff, rather not end up like this photo

Comment

measuring C.O.G

did find some usefull stuff for if anyone has access to scales to weigh their truck following these instructions
        http://www.jeepaholics.com/tech/cog/

I know its a jeep site

Comment

Originally posted by MWS View Post
          Hello dale. Difficult question to answer, because the centre of gravity can be different depending on track width, how much higher than standard a truck is and how heavily, and how high up it's been loaded. Generally the higher the centre of gravity, the easier it will tip. The surface you are on needs to be considered, as well. will the vehicle slip and slide, or could some sink, or break away, causing further sudden tilt......If you value your vehicle, and yourself, dont take risks..................see pic ......Cheers........Mick
          An ideal time to get the old underseal out
          Too young to die and too old to give a toss

Comment

Originally posted by popeye View Post
            an ideal time to get the old underseal out
            :d
            Oh Nana, what's my name?

Comment

This far

Don't let the 11yr old drive his own lines

He is 16yr now and still picks crazy lines.
              Brian

Comment

Working...
              X