No announcement yet.

steering recall

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just spoke to the service manager about my recall. He's had an email back from Toyota appologising for the delay but saying they should have all necessary paperwork and parts within the next week. He says he will ring me the second he recieves them to book me in...
    PayPal for stickers : scuffsnscrapes@hotmail.com

Comment

I phoned Toyota customer services today and gave them my VIN number. They said it will take up to six weeks to get an answer. Should the recall need to be done, I asked that Toyota Sandhurst could do it as it is only round the corner. Very Helpful customer services, Well done Toyota Thanks everyone for bringing this to my notice.

Comment

Had mine done today. They even washed it! And believe me, that was no mean feat!
        Courtesy car was an aygo... there was no rev counter, just a big speedo, and lots of cheap plastic and painted metal. Cheap and well, not so much nasty, just cheap.

Hitting the National speed limit sign, I had to find out roughly where I was in the rev range, so floored it in 2nd.... hit 60 ish! Engine just seemed to reve and rev getting more "sporty" as it went, I thinks its that VVTI stuff, FANTASTIC technology Toyota, and I think it was a 1.0 litre aswell... wow!

Just a shame the ride, comfort, styling and basically everything else didn't match up to the engine (free road tax aswell)

Got back in my surf, and bar the fuzzy steering and not so sharp brakes, I can honestly say I would not have swapped the Surf for the Aygo in a million years.

But I don't need to tell you lot that, do I!
        "B.A." Baracus: "Talk to me, talk sense so I can talk back. Not all this jibberjabber like breaking the peace and all that."
        www.johnthebuilder.info

Comment

You might find yellow paint spot at the side of your chassis plate at back of engine bay, which will mean the recall has been addressed. Although mine has been done and no yellow paint so it's not a certainty

Comment

Originally posted by Balllsy View Post
            You might find yellow paint spot at the side of your chassis plate at back of engine bay, which will mean the recall has been addressed. Although mine has been done and no yellow paint so it's not a certainty
            Nope, not anymore, it's all on therm fancy computers these days...
            No paperwork, no yellow dot, no nothing, other than a short bit of metal that looks newer than than the other oily bits!
            "B.A." Baracus: "Talk to me, talk sense so I can talk back. Not all this jibberjabber like breaking the peace and all that."
            www.johnthebuilder.info

Comment

Working...
            X