X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Some IDIOT has driven it back up there

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-15108712

How to wreck it for the responsible 4x4 enthusiasts
    ' You've arrived on a rather special night. It's one of the master's affairs.'

Originally posted by biohazard View Post
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-15108712

how to wreck it for the responsible 4x4 enthusiasts

w4nker!
    " Time wounds all heels ".

Comment

Campaign to Protect Rural England must be rubbing their hands with glee.

####.

Comment

What a tw@t.
        If its not broke don't fix it.

Comment

It should have been crushed after the first time,
          complete with driver.

Gman.
          If it aint broke, keep goin' till it is.

Comment

it was up for sale on ebay the other day, don't think its the same idiot,,
            What have I told you about thinking Erroll

Comment

Ramblers probably bought it and drove it back up.
              Brian

Comment

Originally posted by yoshie View Post
                Ramblers probably bought it and drove it back up.
                Ahah!......BLACK OP'S................
                " Time wounds all heels ".

Comment

I stand corrected

http://www.grough.co.uk/magazine/201...snowdon-summit
                  What have I told you about thinking Erroll

Comment

Idiot in a Frontera

I agree with every one of the opinions expressed on here about some idiot driving up Snowden in his Frontera.In fact it shows extreme strength of character to actually own up you have a Frontera.
                    Another point of view though.....only mine but when the wifes out I do have one........Its not as if its actually a pristine mountain is it,you know as if it was just made by the hand of God.I mean,come on,they have just built a Little Chef at the top,carry all the bricks and cement up on a donkey did they,and dont forget they drive a great big puffer train up there umpteen times a day,how much pollution does that cause.Nobody moans about the train driver doing that and what about the thousands of grockles who clamber up and over the rocks and footpaths all day every day,despoiling our green and pleasant land,sorry not ours,its the National Trusts land,or is it?????.Surely nobody believes that they all put their rubbish in the bins provided.Personally I would have preferred a Burger King at the top.Yes I know I am a phylistine but have you seen the amount of cr@p left up there everyday by caring tourists,probably they are the very ones who moaned about some idiot in a Frontera?????????

Comment

Originally posted by Thrifty
                      to be honest i have never read so much bollox not even in one of my posts.. this country including wales and scot land is up its own arse in terms of political correctness, what a total load of shyt...its a joke and hats off to the guy for doing it in the first place. its afookin mountain not some ones living room. who owns it???? well trespassing ohh my my what a danger to rail users it was...oohh come on get a life.

im done reading that crap.
                      Trespass and right of access laws are totally different in Scotland.
                      Do a little reading before speaking, you may find the slagging of your contributions decreases.
                      Brian

Comment

to be honest i have never read so much bollox not even in one of my posts.. this country including wales and scot land is up its own arse in terms of political correctness, what a total load of shyt...its a joke and hats off to the guy for doing it in the first place. its afookin mountain not some ones living room. who owns it???? well trespassing ohh my my what a danger to rail users it was...oohh come on get a life.

im done reading that crap.
                        Apparently not

call me reckless but i would have driven the car up there, if i had felt like it at the time. probably would have trespassed but. who is to say thats wrong.the person that owns the land or the people who think its wrong. if it wa smy land i would have had a giggle about it. thats the difference. not got all arsey about it like in this case.
                        Last edited by yoshie; 30 September 2011, 01:00.
                        Brian

Comment

sure if i owned snowdonia i would be ####ing my pants right now
                          In that case, you presumably have continence problems as well as dental problems?!

When people from the likes of GLASS, etc, fight tooth and nail to protect our ability to use routes that are already there (by both assisting in maintenance and negotiating over legislation, closures, etc) this sort of incident (or rather incidents now) certainly doesn't help the rest of us to guard the access to parts of the countryside that we already have.

In this day & age we're fighting a losing battle (at least until the eco-environmentalist lobby are shown to be the liars that they are or, more likely, they move on to attacking something else) to keep the access that we have. The best way to defend what we have is to be responsible with it. Breaking the law isn't a smart way to act over this and the overriding memory Joe Public will get from these news stories is "there goes those 4x4 drivers destroying the British countryside again".

If green laning (and off roading) wasn't something I cared about being able to do then I must admit that I would see a certain amount of amusement in lightning striking the same place twice. The thing is that I do care. If you don't then I suspect you will be in the minority on this forum.

I'm right with Al over the hypocrisy of the tourist developments at the top of Snowdon when it is supposed to be a national park with restrictions in the development allowed up there. How long before we see the golden arches at the top of Everest, Kilimanjaro, etc...?!

Comment

i appreciate your passion, and that will be "incontinence" and no front teeth

the rest of your comments im sure affect a lot of people. but i stick to my original thoughts that all the political correctness is total bollox
                            Nope. Definitely continence problems, as in the inability to voluntarily control ones bowels/bladder would most certainly be a problem in most social circles.

I fail to see any "political correctness" in slagging off someone who behaves in a way that is antisocial, irresponsible, costly to the tax payer and detrimental to the hobby/lifestyle of a lot of people on this forum.

Comment

It appears that someone is on a wind up after tossing his dummy out of his pram.

This incident does more damage rights of way cause and undoes all the hard work done by GLASSand Tread lightly
                              ' You've arrived on a rather special night. It's one of the master's affairs.'

Comment

Working...
                              X