hilux surf and the LEZ

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• hilux surf and the LEZ

Hi everyone,been meaning to join this forum for a while but most of my time has been spent writing letters to the DVLA of late lol.Yes i,m one of the unfortunates living in london,well 300 yards outside of the M25 to be precise who has a surf registered as a 4x4 light utility.i,ve read a couple of posts on here where guys had their surf,s body type reclassified very easily on the strength of just sending photos and a brief covering letter to the DVLA.I followed that route even doing a cut and paste of a well worded letter i found on this site.DVLA sent me a letter back saying they now wanted a letter from Toyota confirming that the surf was a passenger vehicle which i think other people on this site may have received
    I dont know if anyone else on this site still has the problem of not being able to change their body type but after weeks of phoning Toyota i eventually received a letter on toyota headed paper.As they can only comment on the officially imported 4runner the letter basically says the hilux surf and 4runner are similar vehicles and were designed as passenger carrying vehicles.This letter along with a cutting from wikipedia explaining the different model names for different world markets was sent to DVLA last week.Having had my log book returned unchanged 3 times in the last few monthes i,m not banking on this being successful but i have now fulfilled everything that DVLA have asked for and they do not have any reason not to reclassify my vehicle.i will keep you posted on their response

The DVLA managment have decided they can't be arsed, all Hilux Surfs have been flagged on the database and will be classified as Light Commercial vehicles and no more changes to logbooks will be made untill Toyota produce some proof they are SUV's not commercial vehicles. Apparently the DVLA have been inundated with letters and logbooks for changing and it's hurt their poor little heads.

This definatly applies to 3rd Gens, and you're screwed because Toyota never sold them in Europe so have no EU or UK approvals and also class every grey import 4x4 from Rav4's to Landcruisers as a Commercial officially to make it easier for them.

2nd Gens may have more chance, seeing there is an offical UK equivilent but the above info is from a 3rd Gen owner who has been corresponding with DVLA and Toyota about his 3rd Gen so don't expect to much.
    4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

dvla

i am in the same boat having sent one letter off and got logbook back unchanged along with a bulls**t letter about it being raised higher then a normal estate car so is therefore a light utility vehicle blah blah blah,so i have sent in another letter stating more facts with more pics last week and if that fails then i shall be printing off pics of all the surfs that are the same year and engine size as mine that pass the lez checker and asking the dvla to point out the difference and if that fails then i will be taking the car to the dvla offices so they can see for themselves.
      did anyone see watchdog the dvla have been screwing over thousands of motorist because they never recieved or lost the sorn letters and said it was the motorist fault for not checking to see if they have done there job right and apparantly the dvla NEVER MAKE MISTAKES. bunch of useless goverment run brainless morons god i hate this goverment.......rant over for now

Comment

Vehicle type seems to have been a bit of a lottery when imported and the same on trying to re register. It is just another cash making scheme as we all know, and I do sympathise with those that it will affect. One thing is that our government seems quite good a u turns b but it depends on kicking up a large stink.
        On the other hand I have never herd anyone refer to my surf as an estate car.
        All the best

Comment

What's it got to do with the government? The civil service and the government are very different things...

Both equally populated by w*nkers for sure, but even so...

Comment

AND the DVLA are an agency with a large amount of their work outsourced ...

Life is too important to take seriously !

Comment

As I said in the other thread. Send them a change of address and just note the incorrect body type at the same time.

Worked for me.

Comment

Originally posted by biosurf View Post
                As I said in the other thread. Send them a change of address and just note the incorrect body type at the same time.

Worked for me.
                WORK the system and let the system WORK for YOU!!
                Eat.Sleep.Surf.Repeat.

Comment

Originally posted by biosurf View Post

Worked for me.
                  I did this with my 3rd Gen log book, not had it back yet.

Comment

I have a surf. Dont really want the LEZ.

Non intercooled nothing.

Comment

Originally posted by gwh200 View Post
                      I have a surf. Dont really want the LEZ.
                      You've changed...

Comment

The dream is Drew Barrymore and cameron Diaz, getting a little private show on for me....the reality is always the Previous picture, minus any teeth...

Mind you, I went to Mcdonalds in Guildford about 10 years ago, and two young ladies were disproporting, in the very nearly altogether, behind a big green bin...classy like!
                        Non intercooled nothing.

Comment

sorry guys my mistake i just presumed that considering the amount of cockups the dvla make and how arrogant they are that it was a goverment run organisation

does anyone know what and when the next phase of the lez might include as knowing my luck i will get my v5 changed to estate car or buy another surf and they will bring out next phase that will include estate cars

Comment

It's just another form of tax - the game is do whatever you can to dodge the fecker while they think up a new way to empty your wallet !

We ain't gonna win but if we roll over as soon as they start then we'll be queueing up at the soup kitchen even quicker ...

Life is too important to take seriously !

Comment

Working...
                            X