Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cruise Control in Toyota Prado 120 Series

Gday Fellas,
    I wanted cruise control to be installed our Prado.(Colorado)

I went and got a quote from a Toyota Dealer, who quoted me $1500 for the components & 3 hours fitting at $175 per hour. Total $2025.00.

I thought Id buy the switch gear & components & install it myself.

But being shocked by the price I looked around on the net for prices for kits & rang a major Toyota wrecker who was advertising a wrecked GXL Prado.

The wreckers informed me that most modern Toyota's allready have cruise control installed you just put the switch gear on the steering wheel & plug it straight in.

I bought a second hand switch & plug for $110 & fitted in under 1 hour. Using info from http://www.toyotanation.com/forum/sh...d.php?t=171992

Because my car is an auto I didnt need the clutch switch

Makes you wonder about your Toyota dealer.
    Harden the Fuk Up Princess

Originally posted by hilux2.8 View Post
    Gday Fellas,

I went and got a quote from a Toyota Dealer, who quoted me $1500 for the components & 3 hours fitting at $175 per hour. Total $2025.00.

But being shocked by the price I looked around on the net for prices for kits & rang a major Toyota wrecker who was advertising a wrecked GXL Prado.

The wreckers informed me that most modern Toyota's allready have cruise control installed you just put the switch gear on the steering wheel & plug it straight in.

I bought a second hand switch & plug for $110 & fitted in under 1 hour. Using info from http://www.toyotanation.com/forum/sh...d.php?t=171992

Nice clarification
    I just want to know what type of engine you have mine is 1KD of 2007 I want to install it

Comment

Originally posted by hilux2.8 View Post
      Gday Fellas,

Thanks

I have Prado 2007 D4D Imported from Japan I just wanna know if Cruise is installed

Cheers
      Benny

Comment

Working...
      X