0-60 in 2.7 secs!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 0-60 in 2.7 secs!!

Should be able to embarrass most two wheeled crotch rockets and no need for a leather romper suit.

The Nismo test driver consistently recorded 2.7 and 2.8 second 0-60 mph sprints on cold pavement in dry, high 40-degree weather - that's nearly a second quicker than last year's model. After four consecutive runs, the R Mode Start Function automatically deactivates to reduce wear, and only reinstates after 1.5 miles of driving.

Even worse fuel economy than my old oil burner bloomin' japanese who do they think they are
    Eat.Sleep.Surf.Repeat.

Comment

And only $95k to out accelerate my 1200 quid er 'Crotch rocket' (is this right?)
      it's in me shed, mate.

Comment

Originally posted by Chillitt View Post
        And only $95k to out accelerate my 1200 quid er 'Crotch rocket' (is this right?)

Yep.

Comment

the only thing iv'e ever had that went that fast was a wet far* after a ruby

fast bikes are more fun than cars - you can scare yourself silly for very little money

Comment

Mmmm... and $95k buys you stuff that looks a million times less shit (well, $5k probably does). I s'pose it matters if you wear 'Nissan' baseball hats and bore people in pubs

I'd still take an old XK-R and pocket the $20k change, and be sooo much suaver and more popular with the laydeez.
            Cutting steps in the roof of the world

Comment

For a new car, its pretty nice. Rather have that than any 'Exotic Supercar'. They don't do much for me.

As cool as bikes are, I think on balence I'd rather go fast in a car!
              4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

Nah, it's fugly. It's a wee bit faster than something that looks stunning - that wee bit doesn't make up for it looking fugly IMO cos no-one cares that its a wee bit faster - apart from boring blokes in Nissan caps.

Women would just think you were a wnaker, but want your babies if you owned a Fiat 500.

<edited due to 'editing'>
                Last edited by Apache; 25 September 2011, 22:21.

Comment

Comment

You're a funny man Tony. Anyone ever tell you that?

Comment

I thought at this time of night you'd be to beered up to notice that till tomorrow.

Just making up for being away for a while.

Comment

NEVER to beered up to notice that

Welcome back BTW, no-one's missed you.

Comment

Originally posted by Apache View Post
                          Mmmm... and $95k buys you stuff that looks a million times less shit (well, $5k probably does). I s'pose it matters if you wear 'Nissan' baseball hats and bore people in pubs

I'd still take an old XK-R and pocket the $20k change, and be sooo much suaver and more popular with the laydeez.
                          I think the XK-R is just an uglier DB7 Vantage.

But they are both old-man's cars...

Comment

They look brutal in the flesh - I like it. Apart from the little tripe-indent detailing on the corners.

The current Jag coupe looks like a Hyundai with Max-Power chrome touches. The older shape ones looked much better. The new concept looks very good though.

DB7 looks alright apart from the Mazda back end. Cheers Ford.

DB9 looking better but a decent used one would cost the same as the Nissan and still be off the road for some reason or other every other month, if driven daily.
                            Surf if you got a wave. Wave if you got a Surf.™

Comment

Originally posted by flounderbout View Post
                              I think the XK-R is just an uglier DB7 Vantage.

But they are both old-man's cars...
                              They are both pretty much the same car underneath too! - and that is pretty much an XJS!

I am glad I am not the only one that thinks that the GTR is Fugly.

At least the old R34 GTR was ugly in a "form over function" sort of way.
                              More Lift.
                              More Tyres.
                              More Engine.

Comment

Working...
                              X