The Vietnam thing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Vietnam thing

I`m off to Vietnam on monday morning, seem to have been preparing forever and yet i`m nowhere near ready
    First its a five day guided tour doing almost the same as these Aussies and Canadians did in This video
    When we get to Lang son we go east to Halong bay were we get left by the guide to do our own thing for 10 days. we will be going south down the coast as far as Hue city, down the Hi van pass returning to Hanoi for a couple of day`s down uncle ho`s highway before the flight home.
    Booked the hire of the Honda 250 baja trial bikes and the guide with a company called Offroad Vietnam

That looks frickin awesome, Was out there over xmas and N/Y ...I had issues just crossing the road...Good luck

Comment

I'm envious of you.
      I was sent there on a week long contract a few years ago, it's a great place.
      Please post up pics and vids when you get back

Have a good time.

Sent from the iPad you "lost"

Comment

best part left in the world to go play in - have a great time

remember if you break it there you've bought it - there is no insurance, only a 3rd party cover which isn't worth the paper its written on. parts are very expensive as well.

iv'e had a few trips over there ( not on a bike - traffics to f**ken scary) - use common sense and you'll have a great holiday

Comment

Originally posted by slobodan View Post
          I'm envious of you.
          I was sent there on a week long contract a few years ago, it's a great place.
          Please post up pics and vids when you get back

Have a good time.

Got myself a drift X170 video camera to stick on my lid, taking my camera too. Depending on internet access i`ll either setup a photobucket album and post the link on here or failing that we invested in a portable hard drive to store it all on till we get back

Originally posted by gary-r View Post
          best part left in the world to go play in - have a great time

remember if you break it there you've bought it - there is no insurance, only a 3rd party cover which isn't worth the paper its written on. parts are very expensive as well.

iv'e had a few trips over there ( not on a bike - traffics to f**ken scary) - use common sense and you'll have a great holiday
          Got some bike insurance that`ll cover me, the only flaw in that plan is the licence or lack of, got an international one but thats only tolerated it isn`t really legal. it was a risk but i decided to go for it after all you can always bribe your way out of trouble

Comment

Got some bike insurance that`ll cover me, the only flaw in that plan is the licence or lack of, got an international one but thats only tolerated it isn`t really legal. it was a risk but i decided to go for it after all you can always bribe your way out of trouble [/QUOTE]

let us know where to send the food parcels - the jails (stink holes) there don't feed you

Comment

Working...
            X