Fuel Gauge Sender...........

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fuel Gauge Sender...........

My fuel gauge is being a prick...... got a mind of it's own just lately.....
    Is it worth the hassle of getting new sender or just count miles like what i do anyway ?????

Answers on a twenty pound note please.........
    Remember arrows are silent.....................
    Don't forget to tell everyone its indestructable as seen on top gear.......

Hello anybody there.............. or should i sell it and buy a waffle maker.....

Comment

Replace the sender .....it's access from under the rear seat
      ' You've arrived on a rather special night. It's one of the master's affairs.'

Comment

It's probably corrosion on the terminals on the sender.
        Every tank I've removed has had really rusty terminals on the sender unit.
        Lift up the rear seat base and carpet and you'll see an inspection plate to get at the sender.

Comment

Do you eat lots of waffles?

I'm not so keen on them myself.

Counting the miles is all very well until you stop doing the usual mpg and you run out of fuel at a time/place you can't easily get a top-up. I used to have a motorbike like that. One day it would do 30-40mpg, another day it would do less than 20mpg. On the days it did that I would usually end up pushing it to a petrol station. I never did work out what was wrong with it...

Comment

Originally posted by Rustinho View Post
            Do you eat lots of waffles?

I'm not so keen on them myself.

Counting the miles is all very well until you stop doing the usual mpg and you run out of fuel at a time/place you can't easily get a top-up. I used to have a motorbike like that. One day it would do 30-40mpg, another day it would do less than 20mpg. On the days it did that I would usually end up pushing it to a petrol station. I never did work out what was wrong with it...
            sticky float

Comment

Originally posted by gary-r View Post
              sticky float
              Well, that's what I thought at the time but no matter how many times I stripped and cleaned the carb and replaced bits & bobs in it I never quite got it working properly.

I gave up in the end when the exhaust rotted through, took the bike off the road and had it as a background project (it was a Yamaha FZX750 and I got an FZR1000 engine & carbs - fully working - to put in it but never got around to it, then the missus got pregnant and priorities changed...)

Comment

Originally posted by gary-r View Post
                sticky float
                Now that sounds like something the wife leaves for me on a sunday morning.....

Will check me terminals first.

Anyone know the resistance range from full to empty ?

Comment

oK SO I LIFTED THE REAR SEAT BASE AND FOUND A TRIANGULAR PLATE HELD DOWN WITH 3 SCREWS..... f'ing caps lock....... and thought wahay here we go clean them contacts boy ..... undid the 3 screws and dismay ...couldn't see the sender anywhere.....bugger bum tits....
                  Had a look at the tank on flounders lexurf pic thread and have determined that if my truck had 2" lift maybe skinny hand would reach, but no lift on mine....
                  looks like tank down to do the job.....bugger bum tits

Comment

Working...
                  X