@tonupteabag

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• @tonupteabag

Need a quick sense check (mainly because I didn't pay attention)!

The copper washer (the injector fixer gave me them) in the picture is superflous; is that correct? And why do I have 8 of the small washers in the kit?

Do you know that, with a 50 character limit, it's

Originally posted by Thrifty
    im not him but why dont you just use the new ones any way, if they came supplied with the kit..always good to use new gaskets and seals
    Re-read the questions, then, if you know the answers, reply. If not, shut up.

Comment

Sorry Andy i've only just seen this mate, Right i used the four of the small washer for under the injector nose and kept four for spares ( you never know) and the larger washers have to have the fuel return holes otherwise it won't allow the excess fuel back to be recirculated through the pump, you should be able to get them separately from R/T
      OOPS! i forgot to say i also used the new injector seat's that came supplied with the head as well, upto now i have no leaks from any injector and no compression
      loss past any injector so i would presume all's ok with how it was built. i did follow the torque setting's to the letter from the FSM though
      Last edited by tonupteabag; 23 September 2011, 09:29.
      I'M ALWAYS IN THE SH'T, IT'S ONLY THE DEPTH THAT VARIES!!!!!!!!

Comment

Andy this is how i replaced mine in this sequence (the injector seats are the original ones from the head i removed) I used the AMC ones supplied. The injector is a 2.4 one as my 3ltr ones are back where they belong!!!
        I'M ALWAYS IN THE SH'T, IT'S ONLY THE DEPTH THAT VARIES!!!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by tonupteabag View Post
          Andy this is how i replaced mine in this sequence (the injector seats are the original ones from the head i removed) I used the AMC ones supplied. The injector is a 2.4 one as my 3ltr ones are back where they belong!!!
          Thanks Tony, that's what I thought should be there, the copper washer the injector bloke gave me threw me a bit.

Comment

Working...
          X