Problems printing cards

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Problems printing cards

I'm having problems printing the new cards. If I print a test page it prints all the colours including red. If I go into services and select clean printer head, it has obviously cleaned the red, cos I get a nice red line. Try to print an image with red in it............ no red. Bit of a b*gger when you own a burgundy surf
    Could it be anything to do with updating Norton virus scan, running it and discovering that 485 files were infected, then deleting them all, cause it said there was no fix...........I think I should be told.
    It's only a hobby!

Kitesurf, The Answers Simple, Buy A Green Surf.
    BIG D
    ITS NICE TO BE IMPORTANT, BUT ITS MORE IMPORTANT TO BE NICE,

Comment

Originally posted by kitesurf_phil
      I'm having problems printing the new cards. If I print a test page it prints all the colours including red. If I go into services and select clean printer head, it has obviously cleaned the red, cos I get a nice red line. Try to print an image with red in it............ no red. Bit of a b*gger when you own a burgundy surf
      Could it be anything to do with updating Norton virus scan, running it and discovering that 485 files were infected, then deleting them all, cause it said there was no fix...........I think I should be told.
      ditch it and buy an epson
      [font=Times New Roman][size=3]
      [size=5][/size]
      [/size][/font][font=Times New Roman][size=3][b][i][color=blue]I[/color][color=royalblue]a[/color][color=deepskyblue]n[/color] [color=blue]トヨタの[/color][color=royalblue]波92 のssr[/color][color=deepskyblue][color=royalblue]-g[/color] 擁護者[/color][/i][/b][/size][/font]

Comment

No buy a black surf then you wont need so much coloured ink and get McAfee.

sumo.
        If the puddles to deep..LEARN TO SCUBA.

Comment

Hi Phil
          When you do a Printer Head Clean, it uses the Printers own built in memory and software to do it and print off the nice clean lines you have seen.
          When you print off an image from your PC it uses PC Memory, if Norton has found 400+ infected files on your PC, try the following:
          run Norton Anti-Virus to clean up all of the infected files, once done remove your printer from the PC (Start,Settings, Printer) and delete the printer driver.
          Once you have done that re-start your PC and re-load the printer driver.It sounds as though a file for your printer has become corrupt, hence NO RED......
          Hope that helps?
          Colin
          NEVER REGRET THE THINGS YOU HAVE DONE...REGRET THE THINGS YOU HAVEN'T

Comment

Originally posted by colincd
            Hi Phil
            When you do a Printer Head Clean, it uses the Printers own built in memory and software to do it and print off the nice clean lines you have seen.
            When you print off an image from your PC it uses PC Memory, if Norton has found 400+ infected files on your PC, try the following:
            run Norton Anti-Virus to clean up all of the infected files, once done remove your printer from the PC (Start,Settings, Printer) and delete the printer driver.
            Once you have done that re-start your PC and re-load the printer driver.It sounds as though a file for your printer has become corrupt, hence NO RED......
            Hope that helps?
            Colin
            another tip is when cleaning heads only do it 3 times on the trot, any more can cause air bubbles in the ink cartridge, if 3 times hasnt cleaned them let it stand for an hour to let the ink settle then try it again
            [font=Times New Roman][size=3]
            [size=5][/size]
            [/size][/font][font=Times New Roman][size=3][b][i][color=blue]I[/color][color=royalblue]a[/color][color=deepskyblue]n[/color] [color=blue]トヨタの[/color][color=royalblue]波92 のssr[/color][color=deepskyblue][color=royalblue]-g[/color] 擁護者[/color][/i][/b][/size][/font]

Comment

Try re installing the printer.