Twin-turbo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Twin-turbo

some cars have twin-turbos, mostly on a 'V' engine. Is twin-turbo possible on second gens with straight 4? Just wondering!
    '94 Surf SSR-X --3.0l Turbo-KZN130W -- 400,000KMs

I suppose anything is possible. The question is why bother?

Comment

Originally posted by Rustinho View Post
      if a single one cud make that much difference, just wanna hear about two turbos on a surf n even get one if i'm stupid enough. :-)

Comment

its pointless,
        most twin turbo systems are progressive , so basically one comes in after the other, it doesnt actually make extra power,
        if you look at most modified jap engines you will notice they actually remove the twin turbo system and fit a big single turbo as its gives more power and the power comes in quicker
        PayPal for stickers : scuffsnscrapes@hotmail.com

Comment

Originally posted by Rustinho View Post
          Originally posted by animal View Post
          most twin turbo systems are progressive , so basically one comes in after the other, it doesnt actually make extra power,
          what abt with parallel system? I definately think you cud get x2 power, I think.

Comment

but 2nd gen surfs go into limp home mode after 12psi as the internals cant handle too much more than that , and they run 8psi ish as standard , mine is running 11psi with the actuator spaced with 2 washers , so to be honest a twin-turbo system is not needed as you couldnt use all the pressure without modifying the internals ,
            by which time youve spend enough money to just pay vince for a lexurf v8 conversion

Comment

but 2nd gen surfs go into limp home mode after 12psi as the internals cant handle too much more than that , and they run 8psi ish as standard , mine is running 11psi with the actuator spaced with 2 washers , so to be honest a twin-turbo system is not needed as you couldnt use all the pressure without modifying the internals ,
              by which time youve spend enough money to just pay vince for a lexurf v8 conversion
              thanks. Heads to an intercooler now, if i cud find one here.

Comment

an intercooler makes a big difference, ive got a top mount intercooler fitted and noticed the difference instantly. especially when already moving and then accelerating

Comment

an intercooler makes a big difference, ive got a top mount intercooler fitted and noticed the difference instantly. especially when already moving and then accelerating
                  did you do a body lift to get space under the hood? Thats what most ppls are sayin, "u need a body lift.".

Comment

yeah i already had a 2" bodylift anyway but it would be tough to fit one without a bodylift, but a body lift is £70 for a kit and a few hours work to fit it

Comment

i don't think they do body lifts here niether do have the tools n shippin is almost impossible.

Comment

Working...
                      X