is it normal??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BUSHWHACKER View Post
    Oh dear, I was going to say diff oil but then I thought no-one would be that stupid to fill an auto transmission with it!
    ?? you mean...
    the wolf is always bigger when you are scared!!

Comment

he did put the wrong oil is it

Comment

Originally posted by budweiser View Post
        got changed all oils not long ago, i coudnt do it miself so i left it with the mechanic down the road, so its a case of wrong oil?!!?
        is this the right oil for it? SAE 75W-90, GL 4? or GL 5?
        it should be atf if it an auto

and sae75w-90 in transfer box

i had landrover in recently and somehow had filled gearbox with transfer box oil and gearbox with transferbox oil.

So if i was you i'd be checking oil in transfer box too

What other oils did they change, as i'd be checking them all

Does it not say on your bill, what oils and quanties they charged you for

http://www.roughtrax4x4.com/index.php?doc=201

link above gives technical detail for the surfs

Comment

Also i would not recommend driving the car till the oils are changed

plus you will need to flush autobox a few times to make sure you get all the wrong oil out

do you know if they just drained it and refilled, or did the remove the sump and clean the strainer

Comment

Originally posted by SRI_GAZ View Post
            Also i would not recommend driving the car till the oils are changed

plus you will need to flush autobox a few times to make sure you get all the wrong oil out

do you know if they just drained it and refilled, or did the remove the sump and clean the strainer
            he did remove the sump and clean the strainer(or gauze?) yeap is an auto.

Comment

he did remove the sump and clean the strainer(or gauze?) yeap is an auto.
              gutted, that means it will have lot more of the wrong oil in the system

so would advise removing sump and strainer again, then full refill with atf

then after week or so i would do the same again

Gonna be expensive, as atf oil aint cheap

I would defo check what oil is in the transfer box too

Tbh i'd be checking engine and the diff oils to be on safe side.

By the way am going off pictures you've shown but that really don't look anything like atf on the cloth looks more like gearbox oil

Comment

You have got to be making this up...

A garage? as in 'a business that works on vehicles' put something other than ATF in an auto box?

But they took the sump off?

Should be a few quid (euros) in this for you.

Sent from the iPad you "lost"

Comment

gutted, that means it will have lot more of the wrong oil in the system

so would advise removing sump and strainer again, then full refill with atf

then after week or so i would do the same again

Gonna be expensive, as atf oil aint cheap

I would defo check what oil is in the transfer box too

Tbh i'd be checking engine and the diff oils to be on safe side.

By the way am going off pictures you've shown but that really don't look anything like atf on the cloth looks more like gearbox oil
                  thanks for your help, need to wait till monday hes off now, crap!

Comment

Originally posted by slobodan View Post
                    You have got to be making this up...

A garage? as in 'a business that works on vehicles' put something other than ATF in an auto box?

But they took the sump off?

Should be a few quid (euros) in this for you.

no, no making this up
                    need better mechanics here, they believe you never change the oil of an auto.
                    never balance the rear wheels,.... if you do ask they look at you like if you have three heads, sorry about the good mechanics i couldn't find during this 13 years living here

Comment

thanks for your help, need to wait till monday hes off now, crap!
                      your welcome, and good luck.

As i say if you can avoid driving the car till oils are changed it would be for the best.
                      Maybe worth printing of technical sheet for zn130 so they can't fob you off saying it take sae75-90 etc
                      Just be glad it doesn't look like the put ep90 gearbox oil, as it be likely you'd have hole in your gearbox now

Comment

your welcome, and good luck.

As i say if you can avoid driving the car till oils are changed it would be for the best.
                        Maybe worth printing of technical sheet for zn130 so they can't fob you off saying it take sae75-90 etc
                        Just be glad it doesn't look like the put ep90 gearbox oil, as it be likely you'd have hole in your gearbox now
                        im glad i asked becouse im driving to norwich on the 13th

Comment

also as for your temp gauge i'd be fitting aftermarket gauge to be on safe side.

no quick search on here will bring up a how to guide.

anyways hope you get it sorted

Comment

also as for your temp gauge i'd be fitting aftermarket gauge to be on safe side.

no quick search on here will bring up a how to guide.

anyways hope you get it sorted
                            thank you, i'll get you a pint if you are one day round here
                            http://maps.google.ie/maps?q=glenbei...ed=0CEYQ8gEwAg
                            as well the rest who helped, thanks again.

Comment

sorted!! finally got him and he started straight away opened box, cleaned, new oil nice and blue (just kidding), gave him the tec. sheet from roughtrax,
                              and 0£$€!!!
                              i will change the oil again to get rid of any left overs.
                              by the way after the argument with my bonnet of which vehicle i could bolt in same bonnet struts? any recommendation?
                              if i mention lexus here = price up
                              thank you very much again.

Comment

sorted!! finally got him and he started straight away opened box, cleaned, new oil nice and blue (just kidding), gave him the tec. sheet from roughtrax,
                                and 0£$€!!!
                                i will change the oil again to get rid of any left overs.
                                by the way after the argument with my bonnet of which vehicle i could bolt in same bonnet struts? any recommendation?
                                if i mention lexus here = price up
                                thank you very much again.
                                nice to hear he sorted it, did u check the other oils?

does it drive better now with correct atf oil?

Comment

Working...
                                X