@TonyN or anyone.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• @TonyN or anyone.

Following my cock up with the ATF level (awhile back..) I seem to have the same prob.

When you topped it up and checked the level at your place all was fine. I have now checked it hot and cool (yep, both times engine running) and the level is high registering hot when cool.

Now do I have the only truck that has the ability to make ATF?? If so I'm starting a small business.

Now the obvious thing is to drain some out I guess and re-check...was just wondering why this might be as we both stood there looking at the level??
    .... Which was nice.

Are you at high altitude?

Is the level the same with the engine off?

Comment

Originally posted by BUSHWHACKER View Post
      Are you at high altitude?

Is the level the same with the engine off?
      In marrakesh at the moment, so not too high up. Will go out and check level with engine off...cheers for the quick reply Vince.

.p.s. May want one of those new fangled V8 things when we get back...watching the temp gauge is no fun..
      .... Which was nice.

Comment

With engine off it's just over 2cm past the hot level.....this is about the same as when the engine is on and hot??
        .... Which was nice.

Comment

Hmm, sounds ominous.

Does it shift gears OK when driving?

Comment

Originally posted by BUSHWHACKER View Post
            Hmm, sounds ominous.

Does it shift gears OK when driving?
            All seems fine.....shifts ok. Better to worry me today than tomorrow. ATF colour appears ok... A very little bit slightly off the bright red.

Off out...so will check replies later...all advice gratefully received.
            .... Which was nice.

Comment

hows your coolenat level
              SWIFT AND BOLD

Comment

Originally posted by charvell View Post
                hows your coolenat level
                Coolant is good....no loss. Guess what your saying is has the coolant rad in the main water rad gone? I have a new rad and there appears no mixing of the two.
                .... Which was nice.

Comment

I reckon your bent dipstick...
                  Non intercooled nothing.

Comment

Originally posted by gwh200 View Post
                    I reckon you're bent, dipstick...
                    Fixed that for ya!

Comment

Originally posted by Rustinho View Post
                      Fixed that for ya!
                      But that implies he's bent.

My statement stands.
                      Non intercooled nothing.

Comment

If the fluid dosn't look airiated then you're probably ok, and its not dangerously overfilled. Ignore the cold level, just check it when hot.
                        The sump pan is quite long, and stick goes in right on one side, having the truck at different angles makes a big difference to levels on stick. So try to get it the same every time.
                        Like you said, it can't make fluid, so if your sure itd not leaking coolant into the ATF via the in rad cooler then it's just down to the cactus you're smoking.

4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

Originally posted by TonyN View Post
                          If the fluid dosn't look airiated then you're probably ok, and its not dangerously overfilled. Ignore the cold level, just check it when hot.
                          The sump pan is quite long, and stick goes in right on one side, having the truck at different angles makes a big difference to levels on stick. So try to get it the same every time.
                          Like you said, it can't make fluid, so if your sure itd not leaking coolant into the ATF via the in rad cooler then it's just down to the cactus you're smoking.

Haha..cheers Tony....it was on a bit of a slope outside your stables with the front pointing up a bit when we checked it. Can I pop over to yours tonight and check it in the same place??..

Thanks for the reply and I may take some out and smoke that instead.

As for the being bent remarks this has got to be the best place for that sort of thing.....lots of men holding hands here..
                          .... Which was nice.

Comment

Well Kev, I was postulating a bent dipstick. Someone tried to correct me, implying that you fly down the chocolate whizzway. I just suggested that you might have an error in Reading. It's others who think you like a bit of backdoor action.
                            Non intercooled nothing.

Comment

Originally posted by gwh200 View Post
                              Well Kev, I was postulating a bent dipstick. Someone tried to correct me, implying that you fly down the chocolate whizzway. I just suggested that you might have an error in Reading. It's others who think you like a bit of backdoor action.
                              Shhhhhh..... The mrs is with me here!!..
                              .... Which was nice.

Comment

Working...
                              X