Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Surf's and the LEZ

Hi folks,
    Have visited this site on and off for some years now but only now have joined in.
    Obviously you all know about the impending LEZ (i only received my notice on monday), after I had used all the expletives I know (and some I made up) I started to look into it more closely.
    My log book has the body type as a motor caravan, theirs no mention of "utility" also I recently lost my VIN plate (don't ask it was a nightmare getting a new one) but during the emails with Toyota UK the kerb weight was required, know one not even Toyota no this little detail so I was told to go to vosa, they inform Toyota that a surf is not a commercial vehicle so does not require the weight on the VIN plate. surely a Utility vehicle is a commercial one?
    On the tfl form motor caravans must be under 2.5 tonnes and as far as i can see surfs are around 1.75 - 1.88 tonnes meaning they are exempt.
    check those log books? if it dosn't work I'll be paying £10 (resident discount) every day I use it.

cheers.

Originally posted by TDMRIDER View Post
    Hi folks,
    Have visited this site on and off for some years now but only now have joined in.
    Obviously you all know about the impending LEZ (i only received my notice on monday), after I had used all the expletives I know (and some I made up) I started to look into it more closely.
    My log book has the body type as a motor caravan, theirs no mention of "utility" also I recently lost my VIN plate (don't ask it was a nightmare getting a new one) but during the emails with Toyota UK the kerb weight was required, know one not even Toyota no this little detail so I was told to go to vosa, they inform Toyota that a surf is not a commercial vehicle so does not require the weight on the VIN plate. surely a Utility vehicle is a commercial one?
    On the tfl form motor caravans must be under 2.5 tonnes and as far as i can see surfs are around 1.75 - 1.88 tonnes meaning they are exempt.
    check those log books? if it dosn't work I'll be paying £10 (resident discount) every day I use it.

cheers.
    Hi and welcome.
    Why not just have your vehicle registered as what it is?ie estate car / 4x4 ?If you have gone to all the trouble to be dealing with vosa I can not understand how it has ended up being classed as a "motor caravan"

Sorry to copy and paste but.....Light 4x4 utility vehicles

There are many types of light 4x4 utility vehicle. It is their classification (decided by the manufacturer and the European Union) that determines whether they're affected by the LEZ or not.

Light 4x4 utility vehicles classed as cars are not affected by the LEZ. Those classed as commercial vehicles are subject to the LEZ. This can be found on a VSC registration certificate under 'Body Type.'

Oh and good luck Try and look for Surfs and the lez in the search box you might find one or two entries...
    Eat.Sleep.Surf.Repeat.

Comment

Working...
    X