Shirley will be pleased.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shirley will be pleased.

After spending £1,400 on the gearbox, I noticed this this morning... Click on the picture, it's a video.

Do you know that, with a 50 character limit, it's

oh bugger.

Better start taking that Lexarse apart.

4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

You have my sympathies Andy. Been there myself, a few years ago, but I still remember that sinking feeling, like it was yesterday. Hope you can resolve the problem with the minimum grief and expenditure.....Cheers....Mick .
      " Time wounds all heels ".

Comment

Why? That looks like a new rad, good coolant. You keep a good check of the temperature.
        So why?
        Sent from the iPad you "lost"

Comment

What is the problem apart from no rad cap? Is it something to do with a cracked head? Excuse my ignorance + the quality of the vid on my laptop isn't the best.

Comment

Oh tits! I think that covers it.

Brummie
            I've taken a vow of poverty To anoy me send money

Comment

bummer - thats not well - decision time

do you throw another £1000 at it or use the cash to fit the V8

I did mine before it spat out pink foam - no head worries now though.

pity you spent so much on the box - that would have converted it easy.

Comment

Tear that LS400 up Andy. You know it makes sense. Although a Lexurf will not necessarily assuage the wifely ire - on the contrary....

Comment

There is always this
                  Just a thought.

Comment

I told you putting Irn Bru in there was a bad idea, but you Scots....

Comment

Andy I should have a cave sorted in the next 6 to 8 weeks if the weather holds.
                      A day on the tools and we could have that fixed if you decided to stay with the diesel.
                      Brian

Comment

Originally posted by gbv2 View Post
                        What is the problem apart from no rad cap? Is it something to do with a cracked head? Excuse my ignorance + the quality of the vid on my laptop isn't the best.
                        Yep, that's the symptoms of a seriously cracked head. The engine was cold when I took the video, so the gasses you see are combustion gasses.

Comment

Originally posted by slobodan View Post
                          Why? That looks like a new rad, good coolant. You keep a good check of the temperature.
                          So why?
                          I can't explain why it failed. The system has been flushed twice, new stat, new radiator, new cap, no overheating, nothing. It just decided to spit the coolant out the other day. This morning was the first chance I've had to check it out.

Comment

Originally posted by yoshie View Post
                            Andy I should have a cave sorted in the next 6 to 8 weeks if the weather holds.
                            A day on the tools and we could have that fixed if you decided to stay with the diesel.
                            Cheers Brian. I am sticking with the diesel, I have other plans for the V8

I'm off next week, so was going to do it then, weather permitting, at my usual leisurely pace. I'm going to get the injectors done too, you don't have a spare set lying around do you?

Comment

Originally posted by Albannach View Post
                              Cheers Brian. I am sticking with the diesel, I have other plans for the V8

I'm off next week, so was going to do it then, weather permitting, at my usual leisurely pace. I'm going to get the injectors done too, you don't have a spare set lying around do you?
                              I don't mate sorry. I am away to the sun next week or I could have gave you a few hours.
                              Brian

Comment

Working...
                              X