new-bie

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• new-bie

Hey peps ....Just introduce myself and say 'Hi'. I've aquired a 93 surf ssrx-g that a brought off my neighbours son after it was sitting round for 18 months,so thought i best become a member. Quite a change from a Nissan Almera....!!!! The guy had tried to hard wire the glows off a switch but seemed to balls it up...managed to put it back how toyota intended but can't get 12volts to plugs. cheated a little and ran a jump lead from + straight to plugs and the beast was alive...!!!!! So a busy weekend trying to work out why there's no 12volt feed...!!! Apart from that a rear exhaust and new wiper blades and it's MOT here i come. Fingers crossed eh...!!! Be cool to get to know you lot........

Originally posted by bobby-j View Post
    Hey peps ....Just introduce myself and say 'Hi'. I've aquired a 93 surf ssrx-g that a brought off my neighbours son after it was sitting round for 18 months,so thought i best become a member. Quite a change from a Nissan Almera....!!!! The guy had tried to hard wire the glows off a switch but seemed to balls it up...managed to put it back how toyota intended but can't get 12volts to plugs. cheated a little and ran a jump lead from + straight to plugs and the beast was alive...!!!!! So a busy weekend trying to work out why there's no 12volt feed...!!! Apart from that a rear exhaust and new wiper blades and it's MOT here i come. Fingers crossed eh...!!! Be cool to get to know you lot........

Hello Bobby. Looks like your post got missed and it's slipped down a page. Welcome to the forum. If you check out the search facility, there's loads of info that may help you with your glow plug issues....Cheers....Mick.
    " Time wounds all heels ".

Comment

Originally posted by MWS View Post
      Hello Bobby. Looks like your post got missed and it's slipped down a page. Welcome to the forum. If you check out the search facility, there's loads of info that may help you with your glow plug issues....Cheers....Mick.
      Narrr, we were just ignoring him.

Hello bobby
      If its not broke don't fix it.

Comment

I'll tell him. Check the 80 amp fuse in the fuse box. And 12v is too much for the plugs ... they get about 10v then about 6v, not 12v, ever.
        Do you know that, with a 50 character limit, it's

Comment

Hello welcome

If it is the 80amp fuse you have to un bolt and disconnect the the fuse box and turn it over, the fuse has a bolt going through it (it took me a while to figure it out after ripping the fuse apart trying to pull it out with pliers!)
          “Do or do not... there is no try.”

Comment

hello...im new as well... hope you like your surf. I have rescued mine from a farm. Lots of little bits to do but will be sorted by the time the bad weather comes

Comment

Ooooooo....a local. Hi there from E.G..
              .... Which was nice.

Comment

What i clever bunch of lads.....Was the 80amp fuse after all....!!!! just wish i'd read the tread of how to remove it(cheers paddlesurfer) before i cursed at it, knawed at it, took a sledge hammer to it blah, blah... in the end i managed to 'yar hoo' it by sticking a twig either side to push the terminals closer. will go and buy a new one...eventually...
                Good luck jonny, i think you've found the right site to help you through..!!! and thanks to TinTin for zorst and wipers...!!! MOT booked in for the morning, sleepless night ahead

Comment

What i clever bunch of lads.....Was the 80amp fuse after all....!!!! just wish i'd read the tread of how to remove it(cheers paddlesurfer) before i cursed at it, knawed at it, took a sledge hammer to it blah, blah... in the end i managed to 'yar hoo' it by sticking a twig either side to push the terminals closer. will go and buy a new one...eventually...
                  Good luck jonny, i think you've found the right site to help you through..!!! and thanks to TinTin for zorst and wipers...!!! MOT booked in for the morning, sleepless night ahead
                  It will sail through mate.
                  If its not broke don't fix it.

Comment

cheers for that... reading through all the tech sections it sure seems full of knowledge.

i am going to check out the fuse tomorrow as my glow plugs aren't working.

Good luck with the MOT..hope it goes well...

Comment

Originally posted by si tate View Post
                      It will sail through mate.

How, is there a tsunami about to hit west Sussex?

Hello Bobby and Jonny, welcome on board, enjoy your stay. I'm new here myself.

Comment

What's TinTin doing selling Zorst? Do they know?
                        Do you know that, with a 50 character limit, it's

Comment

Hello and welcome, what a pleasant change of pace for early posts.
                          I hope you both have many many happy miles ahead.
                          Brian

Comment

Working...
                          X