Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• newbie saying hello and thanks

Hi all
    Bought my first Surf a couple of weeks ago, went down to Bournemouth to pick it up. used this site to gain as much info before looking at it, so thanks for all the informative posts on here. It is a 94 KZN 130, and I am really pleased so far. I have never worked on a diesel before so am finding my way round it still. Bit ironic really, that I served an Apprenticeship at Petters Diesels in Staines, but never got into the workings, I was on the machines Lathes, Mills etc. Any way, changing the fuel filter this weekend and Hope It will start after priming. I have read some of the posts on here so hopefully it will start again.
    Dave

Originally posted by ninjadave View Post
    Hi all
    Bought my first Surf a couple of weeks ago, went down to Bournemouth to pick it up. used this site to gain as much info before looking at it, so thanks for all the informative posts on here. It is a 94 KZN 130, and I am really pleased so far. I have never worked on a diesel before so am finding my way round it still. Bit ironic really, that I served an Apprenticeship at Petters Diesels in Staines, but never got into the workings, I was on the machines Lathes, Mills etc. Any way, changing the fuel filter this weekend and Hope It will start after priming. I have read some of the posts on here so hopefully it will start again.
    Dave
    Welcome Dave. Enjoy the forum....Cheers....Mick.
    " Time wounds all heels ".

Comment

Hello Dave
      If its not broke don't fix it.

Comment

hello, hello.
        the wolf is always bigger when you are scared!!

Comment

Hello welcome
          “Do or do not... there is no try.”

Comment

Hi Dave, I realy am no expert, but after being on the forum for some time I do know that.
            (a) Take time to post with punctuation and mostly in correct English. (this will go down well with some of our more pedantic users), as you have already done.
            (b) Viscous fan oil (check out the posts).
            (c) Whatever the liquid, empty it, clean/flush it, replace it.

Enjoy !!

All the best Col
            All the best

Comment

Originally posted by frontman View Post
              (a) Take time to post with punctuation and mostly in correct English. (this will go down well with some of our more pedantic users), as you have already done.
              Personally, I wouldn't say I'm that pedantic, but if someone posts something that takes effort to decipher, I'll apply the same level of care in my answer that the OP applied to their question.

I don't think that's unfair

Welcome
              Cutting steps in the roof of the world

Comment

Thanks for the welcome. I will try and post with the correct punctution
                This is a ###### good site and I hope I will be abe to contribute in some way in the future.
                Dave

Comment

Originally posted by Apache View Post
                  Pedant!

Welcome, we try and make an effort in presenting the site and in its content, thats all anyone really cares about, we just ask for the same in return. Text speak will get you banned! Everyone is educated to different levels, mistakes are allowed but outright laziness in front of the keyboard will get up people noses quickly and rightly so.

4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

Working...
                  X