X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• wipers

hi all

finally got my surf today, wow!!!!!!
    i soon have pics. its a 2.4td ssrx, black.
    it was rainning today, when i picked it up, and when i switched the wipers on, i noticed that it made no difference, so went straight to halfords. looked in the guide book and it recommends 17" passenger and 17" driver side. when i was about to fit these on, they seemed a bit too small, so i think they got it wrong, i had to buy 2 19"'s which fit fine and does not go off the edge.
    now, the rear needs changing but, i cant seem to find how you would get the wiper off the arm. i have a spoiler, and this is in the way of the arm. i see that there are some screws on the blade, do i undo these and slide it off?please help.

Yeah, you have to unscrew it. Best to just buy new inserts for them. I couldnt find one to fit!
    Derek :
    1990 Hilux Surf SSR Ltd
    [B][COLOR=DarkOrange][U]S[/U][/COLOR][/B]ave [B][COLOR=DarkOrange][U]U[/U][/COLOR][/B]p [B][COLOR=DarkOrange][U]R[/U][/COLOR][/B]eadies [B][COLOR=DarkOrange][U]F[/U][/COLOR][/B]ast. Cause you're gonna need them!

Comment

Funny that... just done all three wipers this afternoon !

The front two were replaced, blades & rubbers, with 20" ones from the PoundShop !!!! They were a spot on fit & at a quid the pair I'm happy

For the rear, I just changed the rubber. Easy way to get at the screws is to get the wiper going, wait 'til it points downwards then turn the ignition off... this way the arm will sit there until you're ready to test the new blade out.

Jim
      [center][font=Microsoft Sans Serif][size=7][color=magenta][u][b][img]http://www.gifs.net/animate/hipgrl12.gif[/img][/b][/u][/color][/size] [img]http://www.gifs.net/animate/hipmn1.gif[/img][/font][/center][center][img]http://homepage.ntlworld.com/jim_ashton/shyAV5.jpg[/img][/center][center][b][color=#ff00ff][size=7][u]E[/u][/size][u][size=5]ms [/size][size=5]&[/size][size=7] J[/size][size=5]im[/size][/u][/color][/b][/center]

Comment

thanks for the advise,
        i shall try this tomorrow.

Comment

The best blades out there are the genuine Toyota ones. Much more expensive than the others but worth it..

Comment

Originally posted by civic888
            hi all

finally got my surf today, wow!!!!!!
            i soon have pics. its a 2.4td ssrx, black.
            it was rainning today, when i picked it up, and when i switched the wipers on, i noticed that it made no difference, so went straight to halfords. looked in the guide book and it recommends 17" passenger and 17" driver side. when i was about to fit these on, they seemed a bit too small, so i think they got it wrong, i had to buy 2 19"'s which fit fine and does not go off the edge.
            now, the rear needs changing but, i cant seem to find how you would get the wiper off the arm. i have a spoiler, and this is in the way of the arm. i see that there are some screws on the blade, do i undo these and slide it off?please help.
            My front wipers leave a trail,very annoying,don't think the Japs know what rain is!